Thread: Wavemaxx audio touch button stopped working on Dell XPS 15

Wavemaxx audio touch button stopped working on Dell XPS 15

I received a laptop for repair. This is an Dell XPS 15. The laptop is fine, but there was some virus issue in it. For that I had run system restore to revert back old settings. The system restore worked properly. But I do not understand what happened to the audio buttons. Suddenly the Wavemaxx audio touch button stopped working and it is not responding. I did not figure out the settings how to make them work back again. I tried to check in control panel and other settings, but the issue is one and the same. What should I do here. I have the Dell driver disc. I had already installed the audio drivers, thinking that there might be some kind of update included in that. But nothing happened. For the speaker output there is no such kind of issue. I am using Windows 7 right now.

Re: Wavemaxx audio touch button stopped working on Dell XPS 15

This must work with audio driver setup. Mostly for branded systems like Dell you get those utility with the driver disc and when you run the driver setup those starts working. Go the official site of Dell and download fresh audio drivers. Use Dell Driver Download Manager.

I have some manual steps that can surely help you to fix this issue. For this right click on my computer and choose properties. Then go in Properties and then click on Hardware > Device Manager. In that right click on your audio device. Also remove the keyboard from it. Uninstall it. Reboot your system. Windows will find new hardware and will give you the most appropriate settings. You can run the setup and then check back. I had provided a link of Dell Driver and Support center. You can use this to install the laptop drivers. Get the most recent drivers and run the updates. This might surely fix the issue.
    Dell XPS Driver and Support Center

Remove realtek audio drivers. You can remove those from device manager and even from control panel. Go in Control Panel > Uninstall Program. You can search this on the top search box. In the list in the above search box type realtek and remove it. And then remove Sound Blaster. You can found this back in the driver disc. Run the installation and check back again.

For this issue you will need to download and install Quickset. This is an tools which is schedules an update cycle in your system. There are number of features and enhancement provided by this. It keeps all latest update on your system and fix most of your issue related to your firmware update, bios, drivers,etc. So for once just download and install it and then check back. It might fix the key settings back again. There is another way to fix that. You have to revert back your old restore settings. But that will re-install the virus in your system. In that case you can boot your system in safe mode and scan your system with an good antivirus. This will surely fix the issue out. Update the drivers of your phone.

Quickset Download

Check audio options in control panel. You can make the changes there. Some of the settings are disabled which is causing the keys not to work.

This can be hotkey settings issue. There are some keys that can enable and disable that. Check that your audio is working properly. Hotkey settings are in the control panel. Update your audio driver if possible back again. Driver can fix this out.

Run Windows update and then check back. For the virus issue use always a updated antivirus. It can be due to modified registry settings that can cause the keys not to respond. Try to troubleshoot your laptop in safe mode and then check back again. In safe mode you can manual remove and install the drivers back again. This mostly looks an issue of drivers. Also if you can have your data backup, just as an last option you can run recovery. This will put the factory settings back in your system.