Thread: No network connection on Lenovo ThinkPad T500

No network connection on Lenovo ThinkPad T500

Hello I have bought the Lenovo ThinkPad T500 and I having issue with the network connection, I have recently updated the firefox but after updating the firefox mine system I have been lost the network connection and I am not able to connect to ANY wireless activity. I am using the windows XP operating system I am not faced this issue before, now I don’t know what to do and how to solve the issue, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: No network connection on Lenovo ThinkPad T500

Have enable the Ethernet LAN on the Bios, first of all I would like to suggest you make sure this and after that let me know the issue. To enable the Ethernet LAN on BIOS restart the system and after that press the F1 during the startup. Now you will get the BIOS windows and under that select SECURITY and press enter. Now select the I/O PORT ACCESS and here make sure you have enabled the Ethernet LAN.

I think you’re getting this issue due to the Wifi drivers and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make updated the Wifi drivers and after that let me know the issue. To update the Wifi drivers go to the start and after that make click on the run. Now on the run type: devmgmt.msc and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the device manger and under that locate to the Wifi drivers and after that make right click on the Wifi drivers and then select the updat3ed driver. Now once you finish the updated and after that reboot the system for best result.

Set the default network adapter and to do this go to the control panel and then click on the Network and Internet Connections next Network Connections. Now make right click on Network Connections and after that select the enable. Now once you enabled and after that make right click again and then select the Set Default.

I think you’re getting this issue due to Insufficient Wi-Fi Network Range and Power. There is lots of other issue to face this issue like: firstly Corrupted or incompatible drivers, if you have installed the Corrupted or incompatible drivers for WIFI and then you get this issue and so therefore make sure you have not installed the Corrupted or incompatible drivers. Secondly missing updates, so therefore I would like to suggest you to make sure you have updated everything on your system and after that let me know the issue. thirdly the issue on Network connection settings and I think you have done something wrong with your setting of the network connection and so therefore your getting this issue and so I would like to suggest you to make sure you have proper setting on network connection. Fourthly the Hardware or software problems like Insufficient Wi-Fi Network Range and Power, Unknowingly Connecting to the Wrong Wi-Fi Network, Incompatible Software Packages Installed, Overloading / Overheating the Wireless Access Point, Wi-Fi Radio Interference and etc. so therefore I would like to suggest you to make sure all this and after that your issue will get solved.

Try to reconnect the wireless network and after that go through your issue. Go to the start and after that make click on the start icon on the desktop mad after that click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the Network and Internet Connections. Now on the Network and Internet Connections make click on the Network Connections and after that make View available wireless networks on the Network Tasks. Now here select the network that you want to connect and after that click on the Connect. Now once you finish this all this and after that let me know the issue.

Try to reset the modem on your system and after that make sure you’re facing the issue or not. I have faced the same issue and after that o have reset the modem and after that I have solved mine issue and so I would like to suggest you to reset the modem and after that you can solve the issue.

I would like to suggest you to make sure you have switched on the network adapter in your laptop and after that let me know the issue. Most of the time I have seen most people have this type issue and they physical switch somewhere on the top near to network adapter button and so due to that your network adapter gets turn off or on and so therefore I would like suggest you to check out the network adapter turns on or off. Normally there is sign light on the laptop that illustrate and this light shows wireless network adapter is enabled.

The loose of the Ethernet cables, DSL or cable connections, telephone cords, USB cables, or power cables will affect on the network and internet connection issue and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make sure you’re not facing this type of issue. Make sure all of these connections to make sure they are properly associated. This part mainly concern to wired networks, other than if you're attempting to hook up wirelessly to your own home wireless network, you supposed to make sure the modem and cabling to the modem.

If you’re using multiple network adapter on your system and then I would like to suggest you to make sure the correct network adapter is being used and after that let me know the issue.

If above all solution not working to solve the issue and after that I would like to suggest you to make contact with the Lenovo support and after that go through your issue and they will solve your issue.