Thread: Laptop display screen scratched

Laptop display screen scratched

Recently I have a bought a brand new laptop for myself but accidentally I scratched my acer laptop monitor with a pen when I was doing some work in the office. It doesn't look like a deep scratch, no pixels were damaged, but the screen is definitely scratched. It is a matte screen. I am afraid to try anything without knowledge of anything, but I want to get rid of this situation. Can anyone please help me how can I fix this? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Laptop display screen scratched

Are you sure it’s a scratch and not some kind of residue on your laptop monitor? If not then try the below steps:

1. Try to use some soft cloth and wet it.
    2. Then wipe your screen in circular motions, then in up and down direction across the screen.
    3. Now use the soft dry side of the cloth and wipe it again to let it dry.
    4. Repeat the above procedure if you still find your screen is not yet cleaned

I hope the above method helps you out. Make sure that it’s just a scratch again. If it’s a scratch then in my view you cannot do anything accept preventing it from happening again in future.

Well it is sad that your screen ahs got scratched but with my past 4 years of experience on computers I can tell you that there is no way of repairing a scratched laptop screen, But if you want you can try out by putting Vaseline petroleum jelly to fill the scratches on the screen. Other than that I don't have any solution to your problem. Try what I have told and I hope it works out for you.

The only thing that you can now do is, you can get the laptop screen changed or purchase a new laptop. I know purchasing a new laptop is not justified. I would suggest you to use protectors for screen that will atleast prevent the screen from getting scratched in future. You can use ViewGuard Anti-Glare Matte Screen Protector to protect your laptop screen.

Use a new clean eraser that has not been used before and then try to gently erase the scratch that is present on the screen. Keep applying pressure until you see the scratch getting disappear. This only works for scratches on the very surface of the screen. So make sure that it is a scratch. Also mention how big is the scratch. Any screenshot present of the screen with you? If yes then kindly post it.

I would say that you are very unlucky if this scratch kind of thing has happened with you. You cannot do anything about the scratch now. I myself have a laptop which has scratches on it. I have almost tried each and everything mentioned above but nothing helped. I am planning to have a new laptop by this Christmas.