Thread: Dell Inspiron 1764 shuts down when connected to battery

Dell Inspiron 1764 shuts down when connected to battery

Well I am having a Dell Inspiron 1764 laptop at home. Till 2 days back it was working absolutely fine but I don’t what happened my system isn’t working now. My Dell Inspiron 1764 is not working when it is connected with 9 cell battery. When I connect the ac adapter and the battery together, I notice that there are two white led lights first and then suddenly the battery light turns red. Also the system shuts down automatically. This is a very unique thing that has happened to me. If there is no battery then system is working properly with the ac adapter. Now if I will try to put the battery back then the system will shut down. I don’t know what to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Dell Inspiron 1764 shuts down when connected to battery

Well going through your query I assume that the issue is of battery. I think your battery has got corrupted. I would suggest you to better change the battery before it creates more trouble to the laptop. You should visit any hardware shop and purchase a new battery from there.

Firstly tell me that is the battery that you are having is genuine or no? I think the battery is not a genuine dell battery. I think you should visit the dell store and get the genuine battery. Replace the battery with a new battery. Tell me how old is your laptop? Also mention is your laptop under warranty period? If your laptop is under warranty period then there is no much problem also as you might not have to pay for a new battery. Make sure that you don’t use this battery as it could be very bad for you.

I think you need to check the battery life of your laptop battery. You can check the battery health by following these steps:
    • Go to the start >> settings>>control panel and click the Power Options icon.
    • Then click the Dell Battery Meter option on the left.
    • Check the Battery Status for the Primary battery under the Battery Status tab.
    • If it gives you an error message then the battery is bad.

I think you are having some problem with the motherboard. I think the battery area is not fine and there is some connection problem with the power supply from battery and the motherboard. You can check the motherboard. I think you might have to get the laptop replaced if there is any issue with the motherboard.

Well as you have mentioned above in the query I think that is issue with your battery or motherboard. I had the same issue with mine laptop. i suspected it to be the battery issue. I did get the battery issue and I had to call the dell guys. They helped me out. So I would suggest you to take the technical support provided by the dell. Call them up and ask them to help you out.