Thread: Opera mini and opera mobile browsers for symbian belle users

Opera mini and opera mobile browsers for symbian belle users

Hi, I have currently update my nokia N8 with the belle operating system in that, but as I am new user I am not sure about the software application it has and would support thus I would like to know about them.

Most importantly I am looking for the application for surfing the internet, and as far as I know the best among all is opera mini isn’t it? so would it be finely work with the newer operating system that I have installed. And how about opera mobile?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Opera mini and opera mobile browsers for symbian belle users

see let me tell you first of all as all the previous software that you were using with you previous software would surely work with the newer version and if suppose there is any which is not working at all then don’t worry about that as you’ll surely get some alternative.

and when it comes to browsers as the extent to I know you can have Opera Mobile v10 Beta for your nokia n8 and it is working perfectly on Symbian Belle.

I am agree with the above user as you can have Opera Mobile v10 but I am not sure about the opera mini, but still you should try to get it.

As far as I know you can have opera mini 6.1 rather than the s60 version because I don’t think this version is working with the N8 and I am not sure about the other cell as well.

You can download opera mini from below link.

http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/versions/

after opening the link you have to select the version and as mentioned by the above user you need to select 6.1 only. and then click on “view download link” so that you’ll get the link and clicking that you’ll get the software for your mobile.

I am not sure whether you can have that software or not but still the one you’ll get by default is also very good, in fact better at connectivity I have tested the same on my own and it is working very good, apparently better than opera mini as well.

Because when I was using The java version, I came to know that it’s quite lagging and doesn't support pinch to zoom. Thus my recommendation is to use the one you have by default.

Hey thanks for the suggestion but I am quite satisfied with the opera mini and thanks for the download link.