Thread: Need a tablet for reading, surfing, movies, and listening to audiobooks

Need a tablet for reading, surfing, movies, and listening to audiobooks

Hi, I am about to buy a new tablet for myself but I am not sure which one would be better, as when I was searching the internet there were too many model that I had referred and they all were feature specific, I mean to say some of them were good for internet surfing while some of them are good as a entertainment gadget, but I want the one which has all such functionality.

But I have some specification as well such as it would be of 7”-10” screen size, and company doesn’t matter, whichever would be acceptable, or does it matter?

And as I have already mentioned in the title I want one which has such a capabilities. Thanks for any recommendation.

Re: Need a tablet for reading, surfing, movies, and listening to audiobooks

See though you have mentioned the screen size and bit specification as well but let me tell you that the companies do matters at all, for an example if you are getting a tablet from apple so obviously it would be costlier than other for sure. And no doubt with the same capability you’ll get another one with lesser prices as well.

So as you know already as they are feature specific, thus you should concern on any specific feature for sure, or else you’ll not get the exact as you are expecting.

after seeing your comments I got the one which would be better for yourself, as per my recommendation you should get Creative ZiiO 7" Entertainment Tablet for yourself. No doubt it is good at surfing as well, and see the same applications are use for the surfing the internet and reading articles so there isn’t any such difference in any models.

I am wholly agree with the above user as all the devices uses the same application for doing the functions such as reading any article and no doubt whichever format it could be. And as most of the tablets are comes up with the android OS thus they also uses the same browser, rather if you are not comfortable with the default one than you can have any other from the android market as well.

But still according to me if you are willing to put it some real money than you should get the one from the apple because the OS that it uses is quite better at performance as compare to android.

see if you are expecting all the feature in the same machine then according to me laptop would be better as per your need rather than the tablets.

I would like to tell you about some of the tablets and their respective specifications.

Acer Iconia Tab A500: Tablet with Android Honeycomb and 10-inch capacitive LCD screen. it has a camera with autofocus and LED flash with 2 megapixe, 1080p HD video playback with HDMI port included. It will cost you around 25k.

HCL ME AE7-A1: Android 2.2 with 7-inch of resistive touch screen. apart from this you can have 2GB in-built Flash memory, and microSD card support up to 8GB. And this will cost you around 14k.

This one is mine recommendation, HCL ME AP10A-A1: 10-inch capacitive touch screen display, with Android 2.2. full HD 1080p video playback with 16GB in-built storage and you can expand it till 32GB. You can store as many movie as you can. But let me tell you that it is too costlier than the above mentioned as you’ll get it approximately 32k.

According to me IPAD 2 would be the best option because you’ll get the same as the above user mentioned at lower price than them.

Thanks for the suggestion you have made but still after seeing it I am still confused choosing one because they all are good, and now the one dissimilarity that will make me buy any would be the price, because after seeing the comments I came to know that they all uses the same OS with the same application for reading, surfing etc.

As the above user mentioned you should get the laptop just because to have all the functions but still there is one model that you can have rather than having laptop as you should get ViewPad 10 according to me because if you look at the specification it has Dual-Boots facility through which you can load maximum two OS at the same time.

When you bought the model it will comes loading Android 1.6 and Windows 7 Home Premium. With 10 inch backlit-LED display you can have very good Experience of watching the movies and surfing the internet as well.

Though you have some doubt but still I would like to tell you some of the names , you can just go through it.

ViewSonic ViewPad 7

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Notion Ink Adam

OlivePad VT100

The best one that I have ever had is the Dell Streak 5, because if you look at the specification it has a very good resolution screen and you’ll not have any carrying issue as it is too compact with the same feature.

And if you are concerning the prices than you should get Binatone HomeSurf MID, because you’ll get it under 10K only.

Thanks for the suggestion, though it was too helpful. And really I like the dell steak the most.