Thread: Should I download iOS 4.3.5 for my iPhone?

Should I download iOS 4.3.5 for my iPhone?

Apple has once again released a new update in their OS. It has released iOS 4.3.5 and you can download the IPSW files from their official site. I recently updated it to 4.3.4 so is there any difference in this version? Why have they released it again? Please tell me if it’s important to download it as they have recommended it. Also, anyone knows about Jailbreaking? What is that? Should I do it to my phone?

Re: Should I download iOS 4.3.5 for my iPhone?

Jailbreaking is a kind of hacking your iPhone, where you can root your phone and unlock it. Unlocking means that it is free from the control of iPhone and now you can control many aspects of your phone. Your phone can now download and use third party apps which are not approved by Apple and not available on Apple Store. The very first jailbreak took place right 10 days after its first iPhone was released. If you want you can do it to your phone but it makes the phone’s warranty void. Also, it’s a security risk as you cannot trust the third-party app and some of them can capture your personal information and use it against you. That’s why they update their OS so that you cannot jailbreak it as it is illegal to do so!

Yes, it is recommended that you download the OS as it is of security concerns for your phone. Recently Apple’s iOS 4.3.2 was jailbreaked and now it is very easy to do that and so the 4.3.5 has patched the PDF exploit that has caused to jailbreak the device and unlock it. So, if you update to the latest version you will be safe from jailbreak which is a risky thing to do to your phone. Till now no one has found how to jailbreak the iOS yet but it won’t be far off when they do that too.

This OS is released for all Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You can download it easily using iTunes. But, those who want to jailbreak you should stay clear of this iOS. You might want to try jailbreaking as it has many advantages. The update has no else features other than fixing the security issue regarding the jailbreak. Though I heard RedSnow can still jailbreak the iOS.

Well, you can download it but then you won't be able to jailbreak it again and miss on the appslike My3G which allows FaceTime in 3G and MyWi is a WiFi HotSpot app which are not available in the app market.