Thread: Android OS & Apps having lots of Security Threats & Vulnerability

Android OS & Apps having lots of Security Threats & Vulnerability

Hello guys I have been thinking that android os and application has been having lots of Security Threats & Vulnerability and as they have been increasing with their application and the version they have been coming with has made them more vulnerable and more bugs and threats has been coming up with these application. I just want a discussion with you guys about this you can share whatever the bugs and threats you have been finding in the android OS and applications and even you can share how you solved it.

Re: Android OS & Apps having lots of Security Threats & Vulnerability

Hey this would be a nice thread if many of them would like to share up about the threats and how to solve them. This thread would be helping many of the newbies having problem with the android OS and the android application. Ok so I would be sharing up with my problem and threats which I have been facing much time and how I have solved that. Well once I was facing a problem like my android market wasn’t working and they were not able to get connected to the market or can say internet even when I downloaded it again and even when I did the restore setting and still the problem remained.
    This was solved by downloading the firmware and then updating the OS solved the problem and then thing you have to take care is do just do it from your Smartphone you need to do it from the PC by connecting it in with the computer by USB and then update the OS and that would solve the problem.

Friends many time I have heard that there are people who have found some virus in there android Smartphone for that you can follow this thread Does virus exist for Mobile phones using Android OS and i am sure this would help you out.

Hello friends I have come through the an infected version of Google's Android Market Security Tool March 2011 is floating around the "black markets" it basically means that they are not in the Android market but still it had been floating around the net in the Apk forms and they haven’t been worst like the DroidDream, droiddream has been a bad application and they have been very infectious but the Google's Android Market Security Tool March 2011 is not much like it but it is an Malware for sure and it has been said as the Fake 10086" malware. so I think you need to be away from such tools too .

I have heard that the android police have also found the bugs with the skype for the android and they have been affecting n number of users. And this has irritated very much and I think they have been a big problem and the skype has released some of the version which has been solving this problem.

The android boom application was also found having a malicious apps and they have risen the apps vulnerability with 400% and the juniper networks has been a big mobile malicious threats been reported. And there has been many more application having threats and there have been thousands of threats been trying to kill the android with their vulnerable infection. And the most common of them has been the SMS Trojans which has been hidden within the authentic and has been looking with the apps, and have been making up 17% malicious pie. And the spywares and then other malwares has been a common problems too. And many of the user of mobile haven’t been used to use the mobile antivirus and all and that’s the reason why the problem has arised so much.

Yap surely that is right that the problem has been arise because many of the members have been interested in using the antivirus but they have a specific reason for that and that is the 3rd party security tools has been found making the phone slow. And so no one has been interested in using it and I hope that google would be making the market faster and safer and reducing the malicious and vulnerability applications.

I have been suing the lookout and the kaspersky and they haven’t slowed my phone and they have been a very nice malicious detector and they have kept me very safe till now and may be that’s the reason I haven’t found any problem with my phone till now.

May be people haven’t been using the tools because they don’t know which security tools would be the best one to use so I would like to describe some of the best once over here.
    1. Lookout Mobile Security
    2. Anti-virus Free
    3. mSecure
    4. NetQin Mobile Anti-virus v4.0
    5. WaveSecure
    6. Anti-virus Pro
    7. Seal App Locker
    8. Seek Droid
    9. Webroot Mobile Security (Beta)
    10. Norton Mobile Security (Beta)
    11. Trend Micro Mobile Security
    12. Wallet
    13. GadgetTrak Mobile Security
    14. MindWallet
    15. Keeper password & data vault
    These are the top 15 security tools which you can use after getting some detail about them by google them.

Oh now this threads seems to be very useful for the new android users and nice suggestion from all of you and i would also say that this kind of help should be available for the new comers so that they dont find using android as a problem.