Thread: how to upgrade OS6 in blackberry 9330

how to upgrade OS6 in blackberry 9330

I have recently purchased a blackberry 9930 for myself. My blackberry phone has operating system 5. I want to upgrade operating system to 6. I have searched on the internet regarding this issue but it didn’t help me anyway. I am having some problems while using it hence I want to upgrade it. I have tried blackberry desktop manager but it is not asking me for update of blackberry device software. I am not able to shift to os6. I want to know that can I use blackberry swiss army knife to load and without wiping operating system 5. Kindly help how to achieve it. I am totally confused. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: how to upgrade OS6 in blackberry 9330

I would suggest you to uninstall any version of blackberry swiss army knife that you are having and try to install the 4.7 version of blackberry swiss army knife. This will enable you to upgrade your blackberry 9930 to OS6.

I think you should go for apploader application. That will allow you to upgrade your blackberry 9930 handset to OS6. As you are saying that you have searched a lot regarding that on internet I would say that make it clear and search in the google. Like if you want to upgrade make sure that you type the word upgrade and the version 0S6.you can also post this query in other forums. There are many forums available on the websites.

Well I am having windows 7 32 bit pc at my home and blackberry 9930 sprint version. I have got Blackberry Desktop Software v5.0 Service Pack 1 and Blackberry software v6 for sprint version. I downloaded them from the official website. Before getting them I removed my previous versions of blackberry software’s installed. Then I installed BB desktop software v5 followed by BB software v6. After all this I restarted my pc. I got them into my blackberry and it got installed.

Go to my computer then > C: Drive > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > AppLoader and delete 'Vendor.xml' you must close all the applications and refresh the desktop. You must again Go to My Computer then > C: Drive > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > AppLoader and double click Loader.exe which launches the Application Loader Wizard. Remove the battery from the phone. Now you must put the battery back and connect the phone to the usb cable with computer. Click 'Next' in Application Loader Wizard. You will have to click on next button as the dialog box appears. You will see that there are lots of applications displayed. You must uncheck DOD one and select whichever you want to install. Follow whatever appears to you like finish etc. after that your blackberry will take about 15 minutes approximately to get reboot. And when it gets rebooted you will find OS6 on your blackberry.

as you have mentioned that currently you are having operating system 5. so please let me know how did you get this operating system on your blackberry 9330. i assume you must have upgraded it to 5. how did you upgrade that time. try following the same procedure. i hope this will successfully install the os6. i dont have much idea about swiss army knife. i think you should go to blackberry store and find out. they are experts and professionals so ask them to install os6 for you. first contact the blackberry person and get the appointment if you want.