Thread: TV icon and the iPlayer icon missing in PS3

TV icon and the iPlayer icon missing in PS3

I have several PS3s at my home and office. When doing the redesign on every one, I acknowledged one had the TV symbol and the iPlayer symbol; the alternate be that as it may did not. This from the beginning astounded me, and I can't decipher why, a snappy capacity off and restart later and still no fortunes. I possibly cracked down on this, on the PS3 without the iPlayer I have an additional user record, which has US PSN record run around with it (so I am able to download Pulse and so forth). I erased that 'user' from my framework and hey presto there was the iPlayer/TV symbol. Correspondingly I could be fascinated to know if anyone has both a UK and non-UK PSN accounts/users set-up on their PS3 and can access the TV/iPlayer symbol.

Re: TV icon and the iPlayer icon missing in PS3

I think it actually glitches, to be respectable. No definite demonstration for it not showing up. It's just a connection to the iPlayer web page anyway, so in the event that you don't have it, you're not lost out on much.

I’ve got a UK us hong kong and japan record on my ps3 and the iplayer appeared for me following resetting the ps3 didn’t need to erase no records or do anything, so like another person presented its simply a spot glitches and pot fortunes who gets it. One thing I recognize irregular is my user record has the unique illumination scrolling under the time and date while when I log into my UK record it doesn’t parchment anything underneath.

I just have a UK PSN record on my PS3, even attempted restarting the thing manually and nothing. The upgraded is irritated I suppose, not every clear thinking individual accepted the shortcut for BBC iPlayer on their XMB but some did, so there's plainly something happened down the line. I actually put BBC iPlayer in my bookmarks anyways does the same thing; simply a shortcut could be a bit simpler. Likewise I think it simply an irregular situation TBH, individuals in addition expressed that 60 GB managers get the YLOD once overhauled to 3.0 but when the overhaul my framework is running speedier than ever.

Give it some time, it will show up in the long run it is an arrangement emphasize and could be inching toward getting bombarded with every last trace of the PS3's caught to PSN this evening/tonight turn over toward the Home start, it basically didn’t work.

I redesigned my 60GB start PS3 to this nighttime and the iPlayer logo showed up within 10 mins of overhauling. I got a Slim today, I’m a sucker for newfangled tech, and redesigned that to 3.0 around 5 pm the iPlayer & TV area didn’t show up on my XMB until around 10 pm as I declare, lattice issues are my knowledgeable suspicion for this, in the event that it is the same tomorrow nighttime then good begin deduction there is an issue.

My deduction (from several PS3s, every with numerous users) is that its not plausible to have the TV Menu showcase itself on something greater than one user record. On our PS3, four tribe parts have user records, and one singular showcases the TV menu. Our past PS3 was the same. No way of updating it, the extent that I am able to see. In the event that you go into Playstation Home and do every last trace of the overhauls for that it has a tendency to settle the situation, don’t know why but it does.

Post Re: TV icon and the iPlayer icon missing in PS3

My BBC iPlayer icon and the TV/Video Services menu item both disappeared for no reason. The suggestions above didn't bring them back - the thing that worked for me was just to create a new user account (Go to the Users menu and choose Create New User). Once the new user account was created, I just deleted it again, then the missing items were back in my original user account. Seems like a little glitch in the current version of the PS3 update.