Thread: How to access external SD Card in Acer Iconia Tab A500

How to access external SD Card in Acer Iconia Tab A500

I have Acer Iconia Tab A500 got it recently and I am still learning to use it now my problem is I have bought new 16Gb Micro SD Card now my tablet could read the card as external storage device but is shows about 1.5 gig less on its capacity and I am facing problem to access this card . I have install few app that move the file to the card from the internal memory but when I select the file to do so it not showing the option of move or copy . This same apps works on my smart home but not in my tablet . please post the solution for this.

Re: How to access external SD Card in Acer Iconia Tab A500

I think the problem is the SD card is identified as external SD and internal memory Is identify as internal SD and you will able to see that when you connect you tab to pc and the benefit of SD is you can copy the file on it instead of using internal memory . and the app you are talking about that transfer the file to the external drive is currently not working in Honeycomb so that why maybe it’s not showing the option of transfer.

What a waste you mean to say that the external card is only for the copy file from the PC not from the internal memory of the tab now I have taken few snaps for the device and if I want to move the snap from the internal memory to the external then I have to connect the tab to the PC an then transfer the snap to the computer and the again to the external memory from the computer. Why doesn’t Android make the proper file manager program that could solve the program easily?

Isn’t there an option for selecting the source of storage in the camera app? At least on the Acer Iconia Tab A500 you can do it . the option is on the lower corner of the right

Why don’t you use the ES File Explorer that is available In the Android market that will do the thing that you wanted to do once you install the ES File Explorer you just have to navigate the external drive just that I am sure after that you will be able copy files from the internal drive to the external and vice versa. I am using ES File Explorer myself and its works properly

I was thinking if you able to move particular file to the external like say PDF and then able to open it from there in the application like Adobe Reader or LumiRead?