Thread: PS3 backup failed with Error 80010038

PS3 backup failed with Error 80010038

This is very interesting problem that I am facing at the time. Actually, I was trying to take the back up for my PS3 on my External Hard Drive. I have done this many times before without any problem but this time when I tried to do that then it shows me the error which says back up has failed (80010038) and this happens at 38%. I have tried two times but both the times, it shows me the same thing. There is only one change from the previous backup that I have performed that this time I am having more data saved. Firmware 3.40 coming out and I purchased the Playstation Plus. I believe that its probably to accomplish through Playstation Plus content which I have downloaded that it might be trying to back up but because of temporary nature of having content at the same time as I subscribe it fails back up. Please help me with this.

Re: PS3 backup failed with Error 80010038

This is really the pain for anybody. Anyway, if you are getting the problems like this then you can try by checking the corrupted data and you can do this with the help of safe boot, it’s the third option in the boot list options. If you do this then it will sort otherwise delete the corrupt stuff. After this, you can try to take the backup again.

Thank you for such a quick reply on this, but I have already tried with this but also give me the same thing. Please give me some alternate solution to this.

I feel sorry to hear of problems that you have been facing from your PlayStation 3. I am able to verify that making use of the "Backup Utility" and that should save saved data as of PlayStation 3 format software, image files, music files, video files as well as bookmarks supplementary to internet browser. Though please note that exterior HDD have to be formatted with the FAT32 file system to be acknowledged through the PS3 system. Other than this the copy-protected records cannot be restored or saved data which is already restored may not function with some of the games.

I would like to tell you that in many of the cases you may not be able to make use of the Backup Utility feature for taking the backup otherwise restoring the system properly. Therefore, my suggestion for all the users is to always copy otherwise move significant data into the storage media if you want to take the backup of the data autonomously. This is not the solution, this is just the suggestion to all.

If you wish to take more information on this then you can refer the Safety & Support manual otherwise you can also follow this link. I hope that it will be helpful to you.

You can try by taking the backup with some others user account and see if that is working for you. Other than this, you should also make sure that you have accepted the new T&C for every users account. So confirm with these two things and let us know about the result of this. This is the only thing that I can suggest you for now and I hope that it will be helpful to you as well.

The error code that you have mentioned is because there is problem with performing the Data Transfer Utility as of one console toward another or taking the back up from the external hard drive. There are some of the suggestions on the other sites that this is associated with the copyrighted data present at the time of the backup.

If you are getting the error code 80010038 while taking the backup then the initial suggestion for you is to try with some alternating technique to take the backup. You can also try with transferring exact saves by means of USB otherwise those through the PlayStation Plus using the online Storage capability.