Thread: On PS3, what is the maximum power that can be apply to the USB devices.

On PS3, what is the maximum power that can be apply to the USB devices.

From the last few weeks, on my PS3 top right hand corner on the screen a message is flashing “The maximum amount of power that can be supplied to the USB devices has been reached. Please remove at least one device." When I am using my headphone or controller charging, it will be good thing at this time. The same message appears when I am not using any USB ports, due to which at some time I don’t even charge my controller which cause to disconnect at the mid game. I want to do the setting to turn it off. So can anyone help me to do this?

Re: On PS3, what is the maximum power that can be apply to the USB devices.

In your case I think that your two wireless devices are getting interfering with each other, for that reason you are getting this problem. I was having the same problem and after upgrading my wireless keyboard, I fixed it. So I will suggest you to go for any other wireless devices for your PS3. Hope this will help you in your case.

Hey, I was using the same PS3 station, and from the last week I found that it is also giving the same message on the screen right most corners. After that I decided to brought a new headset for solving this issue. And t start working fine, I will also suggest you to change any wireless devices and report back the changes.

I was also suffering from the same problem, for that I buy a new USB charging cord, and finally it stop showing that message. It takes only one hour to stop saying the message. I think that same problem is with your PS3 also, so try to use the other USB cord and see what is happening to PS3, is that stop saying the message or it continues to do that. I am sure with that it will stop showing this message again.

Let me tell you that this message indicates the third party device used by your PS3. According to me the only way to stop the message appearing, is to stop working with that third party device. This message appear because the PS3 in not designed for the universal connection of the device, so if you are using third party devices in your PS3 then in rare instance this message can appear. To ignore this message or to stop this message you will need to stop using the third party device.