Thread: PS3 slim is not able to turn on

PS3 slim is not able to turn on

I am not able to figure out but seem my PS3 does something very eccentric. Very firstly when I plug it in suddenly the red standby light comes on without any No problem. But after a few seconds when I push the power button a beep occurred and consequently the light turns green, and the fan was also working perfectly. And this carried for few seconds and then the system turns off. And the same thing happening each and every time I try to turn it on. Any idea what could be the problem. Whether this is the fault in the firmware or something else is going on? Need suggestion very badly. Thanks.

Re: PS3 slim is not able to turn on

Yeah it might possible that the software must be corrupted in your system and hence it is not starting anyways. But still at other hand there could be some another problem as well regarding the hardware. I mean to say I was also having the same problem but after a huge effort I came to know that this was actually because of the overheating problem with the console, thus will you please let me know whether you have ever experienced overheating issue with the device ever before? if yes then surely it could be because of that only, and it might be possible that any hardware must be damaged and thus it is not working, but still starting with the software if suppose there would be some problem in the software so it would be easily repaired after resetting the console so you have to reset it, if you don’t know how to do that you can simply rather check the online website or make use of the user manual that you have gotten with the console.

I am agree with the above user but if suppose you are able to turn on the console through the safe mode then you should try option 3, as after clicking that the system will restore file system. And off course at the other hand if suppose though you didn’t get any such message or error regarding the database but still after performing option 3 you should perform option 4 as well so that the database would be rebuild, and from the same source as mentioned by the above user you’ll get more information on the same.

I have made the system restore but still nothing happens on the screen as the same cycle running ahead. Any other solution left?

according to me you’ll not get the solution through the system restore but from that menu only where you are having six option the last option would be of system update, so you have to choose that one and get the most recent software for the console and see what happens, because see as mentioned by the above user if there would be some problem with the hardware then whatever you do with the system you’ll not be able to turn it on however until and unless that particular hardware gets replaced.

Ok if I test it outside somewhere so do I repair it? will it be good option I mean to say I have heard that if we just open the device from any technician so it will just void the warranty, is it true? Or what would be the best option because I am just feeling as I am on vacation without it, and after all as the system won’t start so it is not even loading the system update as well, I haven’t experienced the same ever before with my Xbox.

When did you made the purchase? If you haven’t exceeded the warranty period then the best option would be to claim warranty for the console rather than repairing it. any possible hardware would be replaced.