Thread: What kind of glass does Toshiba Thrive tablet have?

What kind of glass does Toshiba Thrive tablet have?

Welcome! I really love my Thrive. I actually should know if the screen is glass or Plastic. So I am able to comprehend what sort of stuff to keep at a distance from it. Does it have a scratch sort invulnerable screen? Prefer Gorilla glass.

Re: What kind of glass does Toshiba Thrive tablet have?

Its glass, from page 49 of the user manual-"The screen is reached sharp, unpleasant, or grating protests or substances as screen could break or scratch if not took care of fittingly. Since you see a split in the glass, end utilize of the unit to evade damage.

Much thanks to you for the information. While it is glass, it is not gorilla glass the extent that I could probably tell; I have a sharp telephone with gorilla glass and it feels absolutely distinctive; that is simply my assumption. Possibly Jim the mediator can take me out of my blunder. Nevertheless; this is a kick ass tablet; I haven't attempted whatever possible tab over there but I did not would like to, I held up until this was discharged and purchased it without laments. This is my first Toshiba unit and so far I am astounded.

Keep in psyche that I have a telephone with Gorilla Glass and it possesses some light scratches on it. Don't skill they got there not counting it should have been something in my pocket that brought about them.

I put a screen defender on my HD2 telephone when I got it and its still there, clear and doing its work. I found out newly its got Gorilla Glass. I hold no ideas to take the defender off. When I got my Thrive I put a Toshiba defender on it moreover. Fit was impeccable, took a spot of fiddling to get it straight but aside from for one little air pocket this is under the calfskin on my portfolio case, its immaculately clear. The fingerprints do gather rapidly and I identify on both my telephone and the Thrive I come around to wiping it every day with a glasses material. With the defender the first glass can be impeccable for a long time, no matter what comes my direction.

I state still not beyond any doubt if glass or plastic. Some plastics shatter and break much the same as glass. When mine went in post transporting bundle was to a small extent folded but retail thrive confine was impeccable condition no harm whatsoever. When I opened it like a pro the screen was broken spotless snap flatter alternate corner. Because of NEWEGG for sending an overnight swap even before they gained the harmed merchandise.

I'm confident some shrewd telephones have glass blankets over their presentations that are actually created of glass. On a telephone, the additional weight could not be too much of an issue, but on a tablet it could unite up. With the conceivable special case of the initial Galaxy Tab, I think higher value tablet showcases are enclosed with a glass/plastic cover to hold the weight down, build the aggregate robustness, and still be scratch immune on top.