Thread: Remove bundled software from Toshiba THRiVE Tablet

Remove bundled software from Toshiba THRiVE Tablet

I have a problem with the bundled software or bloatwares that come along with the Toshiba Tablets. It keeps on crashing especially the book place option. And one more thing is why I can’t delete these third-party apps that come inside it. I should be able to delete them if I am not interested as they take useful memory and screen space in my tab. I simply hate the useless ‘register’ and the ‘Kaspersky’ apps and simply want to delete them. Also, Adobe Reader is very important app and must come optimized with the tab so that it does not run out of memory everytime.

Re: Remove bundled software from Toshiba THRiVE Tablet

The undeletable bundled software just tempts me to root the phone, as I can remove these apps then. But rooting means we void the warranty and I don’t want to do that just yet, so I am waiting till warranty is present and then root the tab.

I think if I own the tablet, I must be able to own the contents inside it too. Why have they kept this condition where I need to keep these bundled softwares. I don’t like any of them except the card game ‘Backgammon’. Its a good tablet with good hardware support, wish I could just delete the apps too. I have read that rooting allows you to "freeze" the apps you don't really need. You can also bring back the original config back like a restore point in Windowsif anything goes bad. So, that might solve the issue that you are facing.

I think along with customers Toshiba themselves should be wary of these apps. Android apps have so many security risks along with them. They can trace your calls, add files on your tab without you knowing, can determine your location, and much more. Now, by forcing customers to use this apps, they will be permanentlyon the tab. So it becomes a huge liability when something bad happens to the customers private life because of these apps. And, the attorney will case against Toshiba and not these small third-party app manufacturers, as Toshiba’s pockets are richer. So, they must keep the option of users to delete this apps if they become a problem to them!

Toshiba has also restricted its own software market by attaching themselves with this apps. This major company won’t thrive upon the support of these apps, it needs to develop its own software and directly compete with these manufacturers. They should get rid of the bloatware as soon as possible.

And the thing is, if they want me to keep this bloatware, at least give me the full version the apps then I would be happy to keep them. The Kaspersky antivirus is just a trial version, and after it expires at least it should remove it from the tab. Also, I paid for the full version of Quick Office HD Pro but the trial free version still remains in the tablet. What’s the meaning of this? At least remove the free version once I install it!