Thread: IPad 2 detects my wi-fi but does not connect to internet

IPad 2 detects my wi-fi but does not connect to internet

I have got new apples iPad 2 whenever try to connect to wifi it just detects it and not connect . Is there is any manufacture defect I already use my other device MacBook Pro laptop with my WIFI connections . what is the problem please help ??

Re: IPad 2 detects my wi-fi but does not connect to internet

on your tablet go to Setting > Wi-Fi > tap on the symbol which is next to the name of your wifi source. Check the tab which is highlighted mostly it may DHCP. Enters the values to the right side of IP Address, Router, Subnet Mask, and Domain name system ie.DNS With all this details you can determine if you are actually selecting your proper source network.

even I was Experiencing the same problem and I got the solution you just need to Stop auto connecting your wifi device with your WIF device start a fresh connection and from your WIFI device list chose your wifi source (wifi device name) directly . I think this will solve your problem ..

First you should enabled WiFi and you need to check you are connected to a specific proper WiFi network. from your iPad go to Settings >Wi-Fi. turn it on by tapping the ON/OFF option. After tappig wait for few seconds as iPad will search and detects all available WiFi connections within range. if the iPad has done with detecting all the WiFi connections in the range. You can see all the WIFI networks lists under Settings > Wi-Fi > Choose a Network. Select the Wi-Fi network that you want your iPad to connect it. If your nota ble to access the Wi-Fi network than that network has been closed or it may be set as private network.If you have join a Wi-Fi network, IPad will auto connects to the same network in the next time whenever your WIFI device and wifi network is in range.

Quote Originally Posted by Saura View Post
    on your tablet go to Setting > Wi-Fi > tap on the symbol which is next to the name of your wifi source. Check the tab which is highlighted mostly it may DHCP. Enters the values to the right side of IP Address, Router, Subnet Mask, and Domain name system ie.DNS With all this details you can determine if you are actually selecting your proper source network.
    I am having the same problem (not being able to connect) so I went to settings, tapped on the blue arrow next to the verified source, the DHCP tab is highlighted, BUT the only values entered are IP Address and Subnet Mask. The Router, DNS, Search Domains, and Client ID are blank. How should I proceed? I already tired "Forget this Network" then restarted the iPad2 --Still Nothing.
    Andie

Quote Originally Posted by 3Andie View Post

I am having the same problem (not being able to connect) so I went to settings, tapped on the blue arrow next to the verified source, the DHCP tab is highlighted, BUT the only values entered are IP Address and Subnet Mask. The Router, DNS, Search Domains, and Client ID are blank. How should I proceed? I already tired "Forget this Network" then restarted the iPad2 --Still Nothing.
    How are you connecting your ipad2 to the network, via a router? Which router model do you have? If you have forgotten the password then you can simply reset the password of the router to connect the ipad2 to the network, there should be a reset button located at the back of the router, just long press it for 30 seconds and it will get reset, simply set it up with a new password and connect your ipad 2.

after going through all these processess of resetting home button,network i cannot reset the router its on huge complex ,so cannot access it .need to reset work of ipad2 which is still not joining network

Quote Originally Posted by hiltonmush View Post
    after going through all these processess of resetting home button,network i cannot reset the router its on huge complex ,so cannot access it .need to reset work of ipad2 which is still not joining network
    Well, can you please tell us what is the make and model of your Router that you are using? There are some routers with disconnect and connect button on it and it can be used to reset the connection as well.