Thread: Toshiba thrive wont charge through the charging dock

Toshiba thrive wont charge through the charging dock

Hi, I have gotten the tablet as I mentioned in the title and it charges properly when the charger is plugged straightly into the tablet. But when make use of the charging dock and the charger cord also perfectly plugged into the dock and on the screen I can see that the thrive is charging, but actually it do not. I mean to say if suppose there is 20% battery in the tablet and when we plugged it to dock and after sometime as well it remains at the same position. What any idea what could be the problem?

Re: Toshiba thrive wont charge through the charging dock

Obviously there might be some problem with the charging dock that you are using, because normally this never happens. Thus you should ensure that whether it is working or not. Or else just charge it through the charger only, why to use dock.

I have the same opinion as the above user but still I think there might be some problem in the device firmware as well because as it is been charging through the charger but not with the dock, have you ever tried to charge the device through the USB through computer? If it is been charged perfectly then surely it would be some problem in the charging dock only.

ok if suppose I found that there is some problem in the dock only, so will it be replaced with newer one? Because I have bought this very recently, thus it is in the warranty period as well, anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

Yeah surely the thing with which we have provided the warranty we can claim that whenever we want but obviously in the warranty period only, and it would be replaced if they found there isn’t any physical damage you have made to the dock, because if they found such a thing then you may not get it, because physical damage won’t be consider in the terms as they follow the rules according to that only.