Thread: WebOS Tutorial using MySQL Database

WebOS Tutorial using MySQL Database

I want a tutorial explaining me connection between WebOS and MySQL using PHP Script. Can anyone explain to me or make me understand it? I would be really happy. I saw a tutorial at webos101 of Getting JSON From An External MySQL Database. It connect to a PHP page to retrieve data from an external MySQL datbase and return the results in JSON format.

Re: WebOS Tutorial using MySQL Database

You can write PHP script to use your database you have created and then use AJAX to call the PHP script and return the information to the WebOS. Can you tell me which part are is troubling you in that tutorial? Is the PHP script not giving you correct response to your calls? Or the Mojo code that deals with sqlite? The Mojo code at webos101 for this tutorial makes only log entries in /var/log/messages. There are no UI elements present there which get your call. You will have to modify that code by adding your own application into it. What log entry do you see when you open the log?

Re: WebOS Tutorial using MySQL Database

When I open the log I get “got ajax response” but do not see anything from the database. So, I think I will need to modify the code of Mojo and some items to it before that. I also tried disconnecting my Wamp server too, but get the same message though. In the Wamp server I have kept my password as blank to make it easier and gave the path as localhost/myscript.php. Hope this is the right way to do it or is there some other way? I am gonna try the mojo application first. Thankyou for your response.