Thread: Large Capacity Batteries for LG Optimus 3D

Large Capacity Batteries for LG Optimus 3D

There are now larger capacity batteries available, which have higher mAh (Milliamp Hours). Normally, batteries marked 1500 mAh can work for 10-12 hours for regular use. But, now as high as 1900 mAh batteries are available for the LG phones; anybody has bought these batteries yet? Do they perform any better than the stock batteries that come with the phone? Will it give more battery life or same battery life but better performance? I would be happy to know what you think about these new batteries.

Re: Large Capacity Batteries for LG Optimus 3D

I’ve seen ads of these batteries on eBay, and I will tell you, you cannot trust anything that is being sold on eBay. The only thing that you can do is to be able to fry your phone and also blow up in your pants doing just a little damage to you. So, I’ve not purchased any of these batteries and would recommend you not to buy it unless you are happy with your LG Optimus not working when it gave such an apt performance with its stock battery. So, just trust the LG batteries rather than trusting these fake, dumb batteries.

I purchased an Ecell 1900 mAh battery, and tried it on my phone. Well, I expected it to be nothing less than magic, but it disappointed me with just an average performance. It went for about 16 hours where I just did all the normal things. I did have brightness set to high and Wi-Fi was enabled for 4-5 hours too. Other than that I used the phone for browsing, and some playing games like Samurai Vengeance THD, N64oid emulator (FZERO and MarioKart) and also accessed internet for downloading. So, over and over just average performance for me.

Well, I don’t know what you expected from it but the 1900 battery gives you some 4-5 hours extra in any case you compare them. If you disabled Wi-Fi and brightness was reduced you can easily get through the day with the 1900 battery. Sad, it’s not 3000 or 4000, I would love to never charge the phone even. Also, did not see any effect of overheating or burning with the new battery. So, all is good with the battery.

Also, with the external battery don’t forget to have external charger. The advantage is with these chargers you can charge PSPs as well as charge 2 phones together. One of the ports is 1A, so it feels as if it’s charging only one phone at a time. One more thing though, that the battery charger is pretty heavy for such a light phone. For such a heavy duty phone where you can watch 3d movies or play 3d games such a super heavy battery is also absolutely necessary. So, just buy these batteries if you really want to enjoy the phone.

There is a widget called mine drains from where it shows the battery capacity. For mine it shows that I have lost 16 % in some 2 hours which is crazy. It is odd that even if I fully charge it and go to sleep, I get the battery to 85%. The battery drain does happen a lot on android phones where maybe some background processes might be draining the battery or it’s just normal to loose battery coz they are made to be that way only.