Thread: Suggest something to improve LG Optimus 3D battery

Suggest something to improve LG Optimus 3D battery

I want to improve the battery life of my new Optimus 3D. What can you suggest for me in terms of apps, widgets, packs or roms. I heard there are many apps for saving battery and heard a lot about taskkillers. I will see if it is any good. Also, I heard about these performance packs for improving performance. Are any of these packs available for my mobile also? So tell me what else I can do to improve upon the battery of my phone.

Re: Suggest something to improve LG Optimus 3D battery

I heard that there are custom ROMs made for phone that actually boosts the battery life and performance of your phone. I don’t know if you have custom Rom’s out there for the phone you are using but there are for many LG phones. And don’t use task killer as it drains the battery out of the phone. Try juice Defender I heard it saves 50% of the battery life. It’s an app you can download for free though I don’t know if that’s possible or even exists!

Yes, Software can have a improve on battery life and custom ROMs help giving better performance, it’s true. But, there are no custom ROM’s available for LG Optimus 3D as it is new phone. Also, it’s the very first phone with 3D so it might take a lot of time to create a ROM. There is no way of telling when it happens as people create it in their free time. And I have used Juice Defender and it made no difference at all to me. So, it is of no use forget it.

But I heard that the ROMs of Optimus 2X is similar to 3D one. So can we use the custom Rom of 2X on the 3D one. We can just add the 3D space of it separately or something or we can just use Sense 3.0 with 3D space and add it to the ROM. Since it is almost same features as the 2X one. Can someone who owns a O3d explain how much battery they consume in a day, so that I can compare it with mine as I feel my battery don’t last much on average.

No you cannot use the Rom of 2x or any other phone for that matter, as it is completely different for the 3S one and has completely new features and a revamp of the set of chipsets used in it. Just wait for an official or custom made rom. And in general all Android phones get better at battery and performance as new ROMs are upgraded. Also the phone ahs a dual-core 2.4 processor it will gain well with roms.

You won’t get 24 hours from the battery if you are hoping for that. I charge it at morning 9 am and after using it mainly for music and email and calling by 9 pm I get just 30-40 left at the best. If you have spare battery you can use it for better performance that’s all I can suggest. I heard something of 1900 mah battery, don’t know if that would make a difference but wouldn’t harm in trying that. And these battery optimizers you see have made it worse for me, and I don’t trust them at all.

I will be getting the 1800 battery myself; it’ll maybe give me more power in performance. A task killer with careful, specific instructions might help to power saving. I also usually keep the gps and wifi deactivated unless I need it, and the screen brightness to auto to adjust itself and save battery power. So, far I have been happy with my battery performance. After reading I also installed juicy defender with aggressive profile, and will see if there is any difference in the battery power.