Thread: sound quality of LG Optimus 2 X P990 phone is very poor

sound quality of LG Optimus 2 X P990 phone is very poor

Recently I have purchased LG Optimus 2X phone with android operating system. I am a big fan of android phones and like all the features present on my phone. Everything is fine except I think the quality of the speaker. Let me mention the sound quality is very poor. I have posted this in this forum in order to get some suggestions from you all people. I don’t know what it is so exactly. Is it by default or there is some software problem because of which the quality of sound is poor. The loudspeaker sounds worse than a 20e cheap phone which is really unexceptable for me. I like hearing music on the phone and playing games on it with sound. I think my piece is a broken one. Kindly help

Re: sound quality of LG Optimus 2 X P990 phone is very poor

Well I don’t think it is a broken piece. As even one of my friends has this P990 phone, even he complains about the bad sound quality of the phone. The sound quality of the phone is scratchy. This is one of the biggest drawbacks of this phone. Tell me why you didn’t survey properly earlier before buying the phone. I think there would be some dust around the speaker or may be the setting is not set properly. Try changing them and then see. I hope this works.

Well I think you should satisfy yourself with this voice quality of the loudspeaker. How is the output of sound using the hands free? Do mention this info in the next post. There is some software related issues with the P990 which is being fixed by the LG team. I think you should get in touch with the LG guys to guide you. Make sure that your phone isn’t a faulty one but as far as I think your phone is doing quite well.

Well try to compare the speaker call quality with a normal call vs. a wifi call. For the wifi call, you must have much better results. If the sound quality is not good then it is definitely a software defect in the phone. I would recommend you to sell of your phone. You can sell your phone online by using websites like amazon, ebay. For selling you need to become the member and fulfill few agreements. Is your phone in warranty period then it would be much better.

I guess there would be low sound quality as given from the LG itself. Have you checked the sound quality of some other phone of the same model? If yes and then too your sound quality is not same as another one then you must use the warranty given to your with your LG P990 phone as you have bought it recently. It might happen there would be something wrong with the hardware (speakers) itself. You may contact directly to the dealer from where you have bought this phone.

I think the only thing you can do is you can sell off your mobile phone. I would suggest you to get the phone repaired if it is a faulty one. Compare the sound quality of your LG P990 with another LGP990 phone. My friend also had used this phone but he sold it as there was some problem with the device. It is possible that your phone is not manufactured correctly and hence you are getting this problem.