Thread: Poor GPS Reception in HTC

Poor GPS Reception in HTC

Hello guys I am having problem with my HTC set and I look forward to have some valuable suggestion from you the problem is with the Poor reception of GPS signal in Navigation the navigation application seems to be busy doing "searching for GPS", it does not work! My GPS is certainly on as other features such as such as Map or Location seems to be working fine.Guys do let me know if this is problem frequently faced by people also do let me know the solution if any U do have. I am lookin to hear from you people.

Re: Poor GPS Reception in HTC

Hi I had the usual HTC Snap issues, only some of the workout logged and the poor GPS reception etc. Well what I did to resolve the problem you just go to the power management section and get all the power saving options disabled, in this section Power Management fixes the issue. I am sure that I will be working great for you. The setting which I think is the root of all the issue is the "display time out on battery" You just set it to never. You will be able to to fix other setting by Hit and trail method. Hope this will work for you all the best!

can you tell me what navigation app you have been using? You can install the GPS test App which lets you know the about the satellites your phone can see and locked to. I am in extreme hate using the built in navigation apps as they are of no use. They are just crap but have navigation work like as a charm. You can try downloading GPS status from the market and use it to reset the GPS. to do it launch GPS status, go to menu settings, then "GPS & SENSORS" menu item, then "Manage A-GPS state, then "reset" and then once reset and then “download", If it has been done knock the back button and then put down the phone down on a level surface. "Calibrate roll and pitch"

Well one of the issue can be the case you are using for holding your set. This may sound an odd question but I had the same problem as in my case A case made by Hydro gel Silicon case when I took out my set out of the case the problem was resolved . The GPS signal came back however I m still facing problems accessing it indoors but yeah I have fixed well for the outdoor uses like in my car and other premises. Try out if you are suffering for the same reason you will definitely have the door unlocked.

Try to remove the battery for five to ten minutes. Give your phone a restart then look for spotting a fair sky place and start a map and wait for some time to let it e set. Being still throughout helps in this first fix most probably it will be done in a couple of minutes Once you have done with it along with a new set of data with this new ephemeris data on the phone Most probably you will get other fixes like everyone else Just Go grab the GPS Test from the available shop this will help you provide necessary idea as to how the GPS should be getting on.