Thread: HTC App killers are poor power saver.

HTC App killers are poor power saver.

Guys after a long technical research I have found that App killers are very poor on power savings. I’ve gone for a four week test, two weeks with app killer and two weeks without it...My battery last longer on standard with the exact similar settings than it did with the app killer running on the phone... previous to this I was convinced app killers work to save battery, but in point of fact I’ve have found out first hand that they do not. As I am done with my part of work so I looking to hear it from You people that what are your views on this.

Re: HTC App killers are poor power saver.

Well an App must be waking up, making requests for the resources and get approved for the resource requests. So it might be the case that unless the App itself is active It will not make a request for the resources. This which is what which solves the debate here if you are using the app killer It is not helpful to use the App killers for the management of power resources. Booting an app does require the Central Processing Unit (CPU) which is likely to drain out the battery. When a and free memory is needed for loading the app it will get killed selectively.

It’s sure and certain that the app killers are helpful for the users that are having Data plans and are trying to stop the phone constantly from downloading data in the background. Is it working like this? I am having plan that allow me 500 MB/month and it keeps a check on my uses with my orange account. In this month I have used all of my 500 MB data. But my phone is new and I’ve been happy with the download button. However looks like I am using data even when my phone is not on use. Would an app killer be a better way to sort this manually?

Well in my opinion there are apps that are unable to manage resources properly. I am having an app killer, however it has not been set to kill all the things, and it is on physical operation ( That is it will kill only when I press the button or in other words when I will allow it to) - and there is a cause for that - as It’s been said that you really don't need an app killer most of the time, however it can be useful for programs that are not written properly (if it is needed to keep it – On many occasion I just try to get rid of them and try some substitute or do it without, if possible).

If you find “apps downloading in the background” to be problematic just go into the sync option and you can switch them off follow these steps. Menu => Settings => Accounts & sync. There it can be can unchecked in the Auto sync option which will prevent most of the programs from downloading data. If further you unchecked the Background Data that will virtually stop everything from downloading the data. However some apps are designed to avoid these feature viz. that mail app which works on its time setting rather than using Auto sync feature.

The first App I used for myself (on my Smart phone) was advance Task killer also known as (ATK). I was told that I will need that if I want to have my battery life intact. After having passed two weeks My battery was having around 50 Hrs backup an I was quite happy with that Then I came to know about the task killers and I had made my mind to test it For the first two days I had no Battery backup to say but after that I found considerable improvement in speed (only the right apps were loaded) and I observed my battery life raising up from 50 to 55-60 Hrs.