Thread: HTC Desire S goes off automatically

HTC Desire S goes off automatically

I purchased my first HTC phone, a Desire S last week and I was happy to have it. The problem I am getting is that after first 3 days, it just switched off automatically even though it was just charged. I cannot even put it on by the power button, I will have to remove the battery and then put it back and then only it starts. Then it worked for few days correctly and now again the same thing is happening frequently. I am just annoyed that I cannot use this great phone. So, what do you think is the problem? Is it a serious problem? Should I send it to repairs from where I brought?

Re: HTC Desire S goes off automatically

I got the same problem too, so I sent it for service but it’s been 2 months now that I had send it for service. I called them so many times, but they told me to wait for as they still have not got supplies from the company. It’s been so long, and I am frustrated with them. It was such a great phone, but the service for them was really bad. I have spent so many on this phone, I just hope they repair it and give it back or at least replace the phone or give my money back. So, it’s better if you solve it yourself than to depend on the service center to solve it.

I don’t have your phone, but when its power issue you should always try checking if the battery is loose or something’s wrong with the contacts. Try cleaning the contact points or try wedge something between battery and the contacts to make it tight. If it does not work then it might be something wrong with the memory or internal system and is serious problem and you will need to show it to the doctor. Do, tell me what the problem was and reply to me. Hope I have helped you in this matter.

I would doubt that this could be the case, as the case that cover the SIM card holds the battery into place correctly. Even if the case doesn’t do the job well, the rear cover would push it correctly too. Did you install any application on it before? Because some applications do try to waste battery life and give the power problems similar to the one you are facing. Also, have you tried Factory resetting the phone? That’s also an option you should try if you want to solve your problems. Do tell me if any problem with it.

Hey thank you for being so helpful. My phone switched off again today. Talking about the application, I recently installed Advanced Task Killer. I heard that it can mess up with the OS of the phone. So, is it true? Is it the problem I am facing? Also, what you mean by factory reset? Yes, maybe I should try that too. And now after turning on I am also getting a message that says HTC is not responding. Maybe I should wait for some time after uninstalling the ATK and then see if this solves the problem.

Oh, you have installed the wrong application. ATK is in fact very bad for your phone. It slows your phone down, hampers its battery power and also stops important processes from running. After uninstalling I would also recommend factory reset as I said. Factory reset simply deletes all the modifications you have done with your phone and switches the phone back to the default by resetting all the changes of it. Although the problem can be hardware related, so I can’t be absolutely sure if all these will solve your problem if it’s actually serious.

Since you haven't done factory reset yet, you have to know that a factory reset will remove all the data from the internal memory of your phone. So, it will remove all the modified settings, your messages, contacts and other data, so backup it before doing the reset. The phone can download all the apps again after reset but it cannot restore the messages and layout. You can sync the contacts from gmail later on too if you want. The factory reset option is there in the settings option. It just takes a few minutes and you get all the default settings soon.