Thread: Unable to synchronize HTC Desire S on laptop/PC

Unable to synchronize HTC Desire S on laptop/PC

My father gave me present on my birthday, it is new HTC Desire S. I am very happy while using this new phone. But now I have some problem while using this new phone. when I am trying to sync it with my laptop/PC, it is not recognized at that time. For sync I have installed the latest sync software and I am using windows 7 on my laptop. But the problem is that it is saying that unable to find the HTC sync software and then it reverts to disk drive. But if I left my phone connected with my laptop then after few minutes it get connected automatically and it synchronizes. Is anyone having the same problem? Please help me.

Re: Unable to synchronize HTC Desire S on laptop/PC

If your HTC desire S is not synchronizing on your laptop/PC, then I will suggest you to first check the USB connection of your laptop. Remove connection and reinsert it again, there might be problem with the connection via USB cable. After reinserting the USB cable first restart your laptop/PC then again try to sync your phone. And also don’t forget to restart your phone. After doing this all I am sure that your phone will easily get synchronize with your laptop/PC.

Hey, I am using HTC desire from the few months and I had never tried for the sync processes. But when I decided to sync it with my PC, it is causing the same problem as yours. Then I reconnect the USB cable and restart my phone, this time it got connected with my PC and then I able to sync my phone. If you are suffering from the same problem then try to do the same. If it doesn’t help you out then try to update your sync software of if possible then try to use the new sync software for your new HTC mobile.

After buying my first Desire I am trying to sync it with my laptop. It was also not working properly, but in my cause the problem was with right driver, so with installing the right driver my laptop sync my phone. if you want to sync you contacts only then I will suggest you to sync your contact using Gmail account. From there your contact will sync to your phone. with the help of that you will always have an backup. I will also suggest you to sync your phone with the help of Google, not with any sync software.

If you are trying to sync your phone first time with your laptop and it is not getting sync with laptop, then I will suggest you to use the latest or updated sync software for it, because you are using the new HTC Desire S. if you are already using the updated version of the sync software then I will suggest you to turn off your firewall and antivirus utility. I can think that it is hard for you but you need to do that because they can also cause your phone to not connect with your laptop using the sync software.

I think that there is so many problems with Desire and Outlook to sync with HTC sync software. You are using the new HTC desire S, it might happens that the sync software which you are using is not have definition for your new HTC desire S. So I will suggest you to make sure that you are using the updated version. If it is not possible for you then try to not sync your phone using HTC sync software, try to sync using Google sync to synchronize your contact, it will also provide a good backup for your contact.