Thread: Projector is not compatible with Dell Inspiron 9 Mini for presentations

Projector is not compatible with Dell Inspiron 9 Mini for presentations

I worked in IT industry so every week I have to show some work presentation. For presentation, I always use office laptop but this I wish to show presentation on my dell mini laptop. Therefore, for presentation I connected projector. However, projector not displaying MS PowerPoint presentation. When I open normally desktop screen it showing perfectly that one. But while playing PowerPoint first slide show display then black screen appear then again second slide show then again black screen, etc… because of this problem I showed my presentation on another laptop and in that laptop it works fine. So friend can you tell me why I am facing this problem.

Re: Projector is not compatible with Dell Inspiron 9 Mini for presentations

At last week, presentation was there in my office and I have to represent that presentation. Therefore, I connected my office projectors to my laptop and start to presents the presentation. Therefore, for presentation I started PowerPoint and put it on the full screen. However, I never get this problem of coming black screen. I think there is fault with your projector. It is not supportable for your laptop.

You said this black screen is only occurring when you are trying to open the power point it show pages and then black screen then again presentation comes and then presentation. I think this problem is occurring due to not install correct driver in your laptop. Alternatively, you have not connected your office projector correctly with your laptop. Alternatively, you have not changed your laptop resolution after connecting to your laptop.

I think that your laptop recognizes your office projector, but projector not recognizing your laptop. Anyhow, you first confirm that projector and the laptop monitor are having the same resolution. Regularly 1024 x 768 is a common resolution, but it will depend on the projector. First, try to find the resolution of your projector and then sets the same resolution of your laptop. I’m sure after this projector will recognize your laptop.

When I got this problem, I searched on internet about this problem. However, I found no one getting this type of problem or no face this problem. However, at one place one user had face this problem and he shows solution to overcome from this problem. When I apply this setting on my laptop while using PowerPoint then it work perfectly no black screen where occur while showing presentation.

If you are using MS office 07 then it has extend feature like through o7 user can show presentation on external monitors also but after putting some settings on it. Do not worry I will provide you settings you just follow that settings and change the settings of MS o7. Open slide of PowerPoint. Go to the Set Up group and select Set Up Slide Show. In Set Up dialog box, it will show option to choose the monitor, which you want, the presentation to be display on and check the Show Presenter View checkbox. Then finally click OK. To begin the presentation select view tab. Then go to the Presentation Views group and select Slide Show.