Thread: Nokia N900: Full Portrait Desktop

Nokia N900: Full Portrait Desktop

I have heard that the Nokia N900 have got the full portrait hildon -desktop and this means that the rotation will work everywhere. I want to get more information about this and so I am posting that over here. If you can provide me any information regarding this then I will really appreciate that replay. Anyway, thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Nokia N900: Full Portrait Desktop

There are some of the main features of this modified hildon-desktop and I am listing some of them below and hope that this will be useful to you.
    • It has auto-rotation of desktop.
    • You can also rotate the widgets.
    • For portrait and landscape mode the widget position is stored independently.
    • You have to position widgets according to your need when you enter to the portrait mode first time.
    • Every widget involved in the portrait mode can be accessible in the landscape.

I would like to tell you that the Package is based on the cssu hildon-desktop package and it indicates that this will include the new features. You will get the enhanced task navigator through freemangordon. Do not alter as of portrait toward landscape while device lies on table through freemangordon. They have added configurable saturation intended for blurless through David Fries. It has also incorporated transitions.ini within deb configfile that will keep user settings.

I am not very sure that this will be able to be installed as of the app manager. You can try from the app manager and if that do not work then you can try to do the below steps. First of all, place the downloaded file on the N900 and after that install the rootsh as of the extras. Once you are done with that then open x-terminal and there type the code sudo gainroot and press enter. Now enter dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/hd_18_07_2011.deb and then press enter. After this reboot.

I am sure that the Nokia N900 will work well with the portrait mode because there are many of the same models which are doing well in the portrait mode. I like to browse within portrait but it is not having the option to open a new Window otherwise going return. I can make calls in the portrait but I need something more than this and this is particularly music player as well as messaging.