Thread: EDOF aka All focus camera is it good or bad for blackberry BOLD 9930/9900

EDOF aka All focus camera is it good or bad for blackberry BOLD 9930/9900

Not that I don’t trust RIM decision but I am kind of worried about the choice of EDOF (Extended Depth of Field) camera on the upcoming model of blackberry bold . I had BlackBerry Storm 9550 which has Auto Focus and use to take a nice picture though it had a problem in low light due to small sensor and grainy short. Nokia also using EDOF camera which I heard they were having a lot of issue in it . Clearly EDOF is more dependent on software rather than on it picture taking quality . I don’t understand why to include this EDOF camera in new bold phone

Re: EDOF aka All focus camera is it good or bad for blackberry BOLD 9930/9900

It has some of the benefits with using EDOF aka all focused camera they are cheaper to manufacture and as the design of the new bold which Is thinner this type of camera suits to that and they are better with Video capturing not even in bold but this technology is use in blackberry playbook . Camera is continuously trying to keep on in focus and right away take snaps when the camera button is pushed. So generally it makes taking snaps faster than the usual. But I don’t know whether this camera is better that the autofocus camera

See I am little bit worry about the new blackberry bold camera setups that is EDOF not that I have already used it but the NOKIA has use this camera in their phone and the user were not happy with that and I am currently using blackberry bold 9650 which has auto focus camera and it take terrific pictures compare to my cousins torch which have same EDOF camera I don’t mind to waiting to get nice picture at least I would have the quality snaps than other camera that is EDOF . I hope blackberry bold has a decent camera. Beside I have see come site which mention blackberry bold had 9900 has auto focus is it true

No I don’t believe that is true information we should not believe in there spec sheet . all the site that is mentioning autofocus camera for new blackberry bold is not the official site. I think they just mention Autofocus on their website because may be they thought that all smart phone has a autofocus camera so this one will not be exception if you see clearly in those site there is Disclaimer mention on it so we cannot guarantee the information on the page is 100% correct I have seen several video and posy made by RIM and it is somewhat confirm that blackberry bold have the EDOF cameras

Too bad as far as this is concern I am disappointed with RIM I don’t know why this decision is taken but its really a bad one I have read the reviews that is post by the blackberry playbook user about the camera performance also the nokia user comment that they wer made on the performance of the camera make me bit worry about the acceptability of the product. I don’t mind to wait for sec for picture click as far as it come with the quality but I am on seriously note thinking about their decisions

No I don’t think it has any demerit on using the EDOF camera and if you thing deeply even Autofocus camera also has some demerit in it we should also look for the plus point of the EDOF camera blackberry bold 9900 handsets are nearer to the Playbook if not the similar camera .those kind of camera has the quick shutter speed since they are constantly focusing so they instantly take the picture

Blackberry bold 9900 should make better video like the Playbook does as well. My only concern is how low light and close up photos will look. But if the quality is good then I may consider again about EDOF. As far as I know up till now nokia phone which EDOF camera has not got a good response in prospect of the camera but I am who have firm believe on RIM and I am sure if RIM has included EDOF camera then they must have done some modification to set the stander for blackberry phone . I hope it’s good the EDOF camera