Thread: Blackberry bold 9930 with 1.2GHZ processor still showing clock on installing App from App World 3.0

Blackberry bold 9930 with 1.2GHZ processor still showing clock on installing App from App World 3.0

Hi guys I had blackberry bold 9000 and that was a cool phone it was my first black berry phone which make me fan of blackberry now I have bought a new blackberry bold 9930 and I am much more impressed by blackberry such a cool features 1.2 GHz processor, 720p HD video recording, 8 GB onboard memory, Near Field Communication (NFC) technology1 but one thing I don’t understand with 1.2ghz processor when I downloading app world 3.0 the clock shows up and the navigation on the phone become a bit slow .my Carrier is Rogers. I dint thought I would be seeing clock in blackberry bold 9930 since it have 1.2 GHz processor it should be fast shouldn’t it guys. Isn’t this wonder you?

Re: Blackberry bold 9930 with 1.2GHZ processor still showing clock on installing App from App World 3.0

Yeah I can understand what you actually want to says my friend but 1.2Ghz processor is nothing to do with that . the thing is when you navigate the app world 3.0 its actually downloading the data which means every Time the App world tries to connect the server then from server it get the App list and this process take some time whether you using GSM networks or on 3G network it will take some time . T-mobile 4G option may be increase the speed can’t say anything about Rogers. Even in Wi-Fi the App world will remain slow. so don’t be afraid nothing is wrong with you phone it’s just you data connectivity that slows down every thing

Re: Blackberry bold 9930 with 1.2GHZ processor still showing clock on installing App from App World 3.0

I somewhat agrees to point that you make I also understand that App world needs to connect the server and get its data from there which may take time but what is ask here is why the other function in the phone just get slow down . 1.2Ghz processor then why be the performance of the phone become sluggish. What I am guessing is it may be the phone might use some of its supply for downloading. I am currently downloading 6 apps form the App world and my downloading is pretty fast. I am not complaining anything but just curious

some people may over look this issue about the downloading and phone feature but the point here is why the hell downloading some data should slow down the performance of the phone might this be a slow processor like other we have . no this is not the slow processor . the thing that you have to understand is the hardware is enhanced greatly but the core of the OS still remain very old and repeated again may time you will see some development on the new OS but there will be some slip that will never make it as good as you think .

Yes the hardware is upgraded no doubt and it should make the phone faster no question but do you remember how much dose we able to do with our old P3 and P4 desktop machine .it’s also become slow when we do a lot of things on it at once . Desktop machines are able to do multiple tasks but phone can. Beside I think it’s not just downloading issue the other day I was downloading a big file from the Postcard App and its wont entirely slow down my phone performance I guess may be beta software have some issue that need to be deal with .

Quit a good point that is made here I actually about agree no matter how improvement company may make with your phone but the fact remain that we cannot expect the miracle from it clearly without the much improved OS.
    So I am not surprise with the clock coming up while installing the application. In fact on my phone only see the clock when I am using the Google Map. Some time even improved hardware fails because of the poor Operating system. Even the iPhone isn't that quick when it comes to browsing their app store.