Thread: Nvidia 525M got crashed in latest Dell Models

Nvidia 525M got crashed in latest Dell Models

Hi All, After 2 days, I still haven't found any solution to use my Geforce N12P-GE (128-bit), 1GO (Nvidia 525M), the frame buffer works... And I am still able to have 1024x800 screens. I am currently running ubuntu 10.04 none of existing drivers works... 195 (Nvidia-current) was unable to load drivers and crashed my notebook. I tried to reconstruct, amend and edit my xorg configuration file. No resolution also have tried to download the latest driver 270 from Nvidia.com, removed all existing driver. But It didn’t work. But none of the driver work effectively Modules are loaded. The most frequent error I have is "EE No screen found". A screen exists and is defined in the xorg conf. Do you have an idea or provide a fix on your Nvidia driver. Regards!

re: Nvidia 525M got crashed in latest Dell Models

I am going through the similar problem with Nvidia 525m with my Toshiba P740 laptop. I have installed Ubuntu , downloaded from their website and installed the NVIDIA driver 275.21 and made the Nvidia-xconfig run on my notebook. but it gave me the message that starting the gdm has failed. It was indicated by /var/log/Xorg.0.log with the message that the dvice is not found. And In the device segment /etc/X11/xorg.confI have added this.BusId "PCI: 1:0:0" Though the device was able to load successfully but the with the message that "Device not found"

re: Nvidia 525M got crashed in latest Dell Models

Dear friend the problem you are facing is genuine and also the auto detect tool does not work on dell models so you even can’t use that so for the time being You can switch to different Operating system like windows or any other you find compatible with your model and the related drivers this is the problem one should research before he/she is buying the laptop So I think you must have looked for it before you have purchased the laptop. You may try contacting the dell person they may provide with the help or they might provide you with the hardware details and the related issues help.