Thread: How to connect Samsung c7140 to Philips 9705 TV via HDMI?

How to connect Samsung c7140 to Philips 9705 TV via HDMI?

Hello friends, I have connected Samsung C7140 Personal Video Recorder through the HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) port on to my Philips 9705 TV. Many times I do not get the sound on the TV. Yesterday I have replaced the Samsung C7140 with another one, but then also I was facing the same problem yet. I have the 032 firmware on the Philips and the Latest V7 firmware on the Samsung. Does it have problem with that? The Philips guys have replaced the main board of the TV for the same problem. Does the TV firmware is the problem? So please help on this problem…….

Re: How to connect Samsung c7140 to Philips 9705 TV via HDMI?

Well your problem is of the sound losses. The sound losses are also due to the present in the actual firmware which is the HDMI connection to the TV. That can fixed with the new version of firmware which is 140.33 and 140.35, which is been release by the company on the internet, it been released on the Philips website. If you install the latest version firmware then you might not get the problem of the sound losing. Just check out on the internet for more details.

Did you check the HDMI connection properly; I think the connection point of the HDMI might be not connecting properly on either of the side. It can be that the Samsung is the latest Video Recorder and your Philips TV is old version as compared to the Samsung. You try to search the Samsung connection problem on the Samsung site or even call the Samsung service center and just ask them to help on this problem.

See I have no idea this, I can only advise to call to both the company service center, and see what they are saying to you. Such that what changes to be done with the Samsung Video Recorder either with Philips TV. You can simply check on the internet also what same relevant problem and you may defiantly get the solution for your problem. I have not helped you with your problem; I will try to find out the solution for it as I am also going to buy the Samsung C7140 Video recorder.

I was also having the same problem with the Samsung C7140 and I have searched it on the internet. I have gone through many forums and links also but was not getting the solution. After some day I was totally messed and frustrated with it, so I brought brand new TV and connect the Samsung C7140 to it. Now it working great and proper also I am able to hear the sound. The reason of not hearing the sound was the new Firmware in the new TV and also in Samsung.