Thread: BBC iplayer shown in application but won't work

BBC iplayer shown in application but won't work

Hi, I have newly purchased BDP5200 blue ray disk player and I have found the bbc iplayer in the net tv application but still when I was trying to running it, I was having problem with it, I mean to say it is not opening however, and I am not able to figure out whether application is corrupted or there is some problem with the player firmware. Any idea what could be the problem? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: BBC iplayer shown in application but won't work

Yeah you might be right according to me, there should be any problem regarding the player, in other words there might be some problems regarding the firmware itself that is currently installed in the machine or the application must be corrupted, thus I think you should first of all try to install new application in the player and try again to play any content on the player and if suppose you are having problem with that that means there is problem in the firmware.

I am agree with the above user but there is no harm to update the firmware which is presented in the player thus according to me without any hesitation you should try to update the firmware only, there is no need to install the application in the player again, because as you install the latest firmware you’ll get that application as well which is been preloaded with the latest firmware.

No I would say there might be some other problem as well, like I think you are not aware as this application is region specific, so though you can see it in the list of application but you may not be able to use it however. And as the extent to I know the application is not available in the UK. So if you stay there only you may not be able to get the application for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion but still I am quite unsure about the fact like whether updating the firmware will give me the application or it would be just worthless? Thus I am little bit afraid of doing this, in fact I don’t know as manually updating would void the warranty or not? Because I have heard as if we update the firmware by our own this may also ruin the warranty of the respective device.

No, I don’t think it will ruin the warranty so you can do it for sure, but still I am also quite unsure that it will recover the application as well. But as a option you can do it for sure, and what the problem with other player? I mean if suppose this is not running even after installing the firmware so you can make use of another application instead of the same, and there are multiple application that you can download for your player.