Thread: Is OVI-Maps-Update available for maemo5 in Nokia N900?

Is OVI-Maps-Update available for maemo5 in Nokia N900?

I have recently with the Nokia service center; they told me that the new OVI Maps would be active on the flagship N97, that also very soon. That updating is currently “software logistics issue” which is related to the maturity of the Nokia N97. The owners of the Nokia N900 have to wait for some as the company is bringing the free navigation service to the new generations of Maemo devices. Which is eventually means that the N900 won’t be getting it. So guys do you know any update available for OVI-Maps for the Maemo5 devices. Thank you all in advance for helping me.

Re: Is OVI-Maps-Update available for maemo5 in Nokia N900?

Well I was finding for the updates for my phone too. Already there are fewer applications for the N900 and also the OVI suite not working properly. I am feeling that the future of my phone is not good, as the future application will not be supported for my phone and also will be getting updates very less. When they have advertised about the N900 on their site, they have also announced the new Maps and now the device should not be on the roadmaps to get updates.

I think it might be depend on the New OVI maps. I think the free stuff would be the old OVI Maps. The Navteq is actual map maker which ahs the new collection of maps which will be mostly be on the premium map group. Well for all N900 user over here, have look over the OVI Maps 1.0 after the 51 update, did you spot the route? For that go to the direction, over there you can see t\TURN by TURN Navigation. The OVI maps on N900 is been done mostly 97%, all that need is a speech synthesizer integrated which can read those direction. Have trust on me, we can see the turn by turn navigation working for the N900 very soon.

I have look over the OVI Maps since the PR1.1 and it is not worth using it, it is more likely equally to garbage. I have also tried to compare it with the TbT on the Nokia N900 to find out anything with proper voice guidance or route finding which might be wrong on the OVI Maps. But I did not find anything which seems wrong on it. I think OVI maps are not be upgrade on the old version. Will find out some or the other way to find for the N900 users.

I think the Nokia is giving bad image of the company, such neglecting the customer. The customers mostly buy the N900 for the navigation purpose. I am thinking that the OVI Map is a incomplete system and by this judge that it will never change in the future also. If the company does not change for its user then it will be and for the company reputation. This is unavailable thing to believe it. I hope the company fined some way for its old customers also.