Thread: how to flash the BIOS using Linux in ASUS EeePC 900A

how to flash the BIOS using Linux in ASUS EeePC 900A

I have purchased the ASUS EeePC 900A one year ago. The working of the machine is fine till last month. Actually I was use the Windows 7 operating system before one month. But I was bored of that blue screen of windows so after that I want to shift to Linux OS. For that I want some information about Linux. Actually I want to flash my BIOS. In fact I want the information about how to flash the BIOS using Linux operating system in my ASUS EeePC 900A. can anyone there who can give me some idea to solve my problem? Please help me.

re: how to flash the BIOS using Linux in ASUS EeePC 900A

I read your description and come to know that you have some confusion about the operating system’s working. I can give you some information to solve your confusion. First check if FlashROM know your BIOS chip or not. Then just run FlashROM (CLI on the screen!). As you can see, you know that my chipset and my most important chip flash. Now just download the BIOS MSI-package you need, be careful during flashing the wrong, it probably kills your board. So have the exact BIOS file, then you have to extract the anythere. Rar /. Zip that you want. Then try to find FlashROM-v A7550AMS.1E0 . When it has been found, reboot and check the settings. In this way you can solve your problem.

After reading your problem i want to give you some suggestion to solve your problem. I am not sure about the result because you did not mentioned the proper configuration of your system. So first you have to Make a test to see if the BIOS chip is recognized at all. There are some tables exist that do not know the chip. However, the tables where it was known that the chip worked perfect. Is it safe? I have no idea, who works for a lot of people. I wish this will work for you.

Your problem is not so rare for this field’s users. There are so many users who regularly change their operating system so they always get this kind of problem. here I am giving you some instructions which can possibly the solutions for your system. You can request for support from MSI if you can send the correct BIOS file which is available on many MSI authenticated sites. However, the lack of notes in the BIOS on the web so why do you update the BIOS? If you are having any problems, then leave it alone. In this way you can solve the query.

I want to give you some suggestion for you. I am not giving a guarantee for the solution byut this information can give you some information to make out the reason of your problem. actually this is not a big problem is just a confusion. So this will definitely give you some advantage. Unlocking works only if the CPU has plenty of stable nuclei. Not all CPUs have this feature. And some core CPUs have laser cutting or there is no way to unlock them.

The most regular and useful answer for this kind of question is as follows. Contact FlashROM programmers, maybe they can help. Do not gamble. Create a CD-ROM DOS boot and put the flashing DOS + BIOS file and flash it that way. Or run Windows and use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher, do not use FlashROM as the chip is not / support. This also helpful to you. Thank you.

Re: how to flash the BIOS using Linux in ASUS EeePC 900A

I think your problem is Not a huge problem, but sometimes the system crashes. This could be a software problem, but I have yet to experience it in my notebook with the same version of openSUSE 11.2. I am overclocking the CPU in the Big Bang, Xpower of 2.80 GHz to 3.10 GHz, which is not much, but I wonder if this is a problem with the BIOS and any microcode associated with it. The first step would be to use open SUSE 11.4 and see if I have the same dungeons. If so, you should update the BIOS to next version. I like to help in testing and FlashROM. I wish this is most perfect answer you are looking for.