Thread: Blackberry Bold 9900 have SMS saving Limit

Blackberry Bold 9900 have SMS saving Limit

I had blackberry bold 9700 it was a great phone and I am the big fan of Blackberry so when I got the opportunity to buy a new phone I got new Blackberry Bold 9900 now the problem is I tried to transfer lots of text from my old blackberry Bold 9700 to my new Blackberry bold 9900 and its shows me the SMS limit notice. I don’t know what I did wrong here I thought this would be a easy process but now I think I might have done something wrong here and I even can’t find the reason what actually went wrong . Please guys I needs help on this situation .

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 have SMS saving Limit

I can’t say what exactly may went wrong but for what I can assume it might be happening because you just probably restored blackberry Bold 9700 .ipd file to a blackberry bold 9900 and hence the SMS app of bold 9900 might be thinking that I am still on Bold 9700. Might be this is wrong way of transferring the data because I think there is different between the way that you have used to transfer the data and the option of switch device option offered by BlackBerry Desktop Software. Thought I am not sure but this likely the reason .

I am also facing this problem and can’t figure out why Is this problem occurs. There is no such problem with blackberry Bold 9700 just when it get full its run little slow. I can only hope this might be a software bug and they fixit quickly on their new OS release. Can one else have this type of error if it does the please do post it I think its worth to do so the RIM should know this. I think there is an issue in BB7 OS because I don’t think BB6 OS has this problem . there should be urgent fix to this issue and I think RIM should understand this

I agree. I am also facing same kind of issue and it’s very annoying. How someone cans deals with this. Its stupidity to not to fix this problem at the beginning, beside I don’t believe that how could the Blackberry bold 9900 give message limit error I mean tell me how much space dose a message would take one message will hardly be kilo bytes .and I don’t thinks blackberry Bold 9900 have any space issue . It look as if it doesn't nuke texts or anything, may be it deleting the text without noticing if it’s true then that is very unwanted

That is one problem that RIM Need to look forward .message limit not do . there is may reason that people prefers to keep the message for the long time and if there would be message limit on their phone then it may cause the problem to everyone and people might tend to change their taste for some another device and Blackberry certainly don’t want to see that coming up . I mean that doesn’t mean that blackberry should keep unlimited space for the message but there should be decent room left for the message so that everybody can make use of it

Really I am agreeing with you this is strange because my Blackberry bold 9700 use to give memory full dialogs. And I would need to delete my messages to make a place I don’t understand why this would happen because I never had unnecessary app’s and my memory always free beyond 20 mb . I always thought that there is a particular section of memory Is always reserved for the SMS .anyway now I don’t keep my text message after I read it cause I don’t feel the need of saving message when I got the number and addresses I delete them . I just clear them all out