Thread: Is it possible to disable touch screen feature in BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 ?

Is it possible to disable touch screen feature in BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 ?

Hi, I am using BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 which is no doubt superb but still some times the responsiveness from the screen became inactive, or might be possible that I must be having some problem with the phone but still is there any way through which we can simply disable to the touch screen feature and make use of the phone normally with the keypad given. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Is it possible to disable touch screen feature in BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 ?

No this is just a funny question I would say, as this is the most vital feature RIM has provided to the phone so does it make sense that RIM will provide the feature to disable the touch screen? So simply I would say you cannot disable the touch screen for sure. But the thing that I am not getting is like why you want to do this? Because by means of that you can simply avoid using the keys, and that’s quite wonderful.

Re: Is it possible to disable touch screen feature in BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 ?

I am agree with the above user as why you want to disable the functions which is the most important one and by the way there are buttons provided to you through which you can do all that thing that you can do touching the screen, thus it’s depend on you like whether to use the touch screen functions or not, thus there is no need to disable it rather simply don’t make use of that. there's no motive to utilize the screen except you want to.

Yeah I know, in fact I have already specified like I might be wrong but the reason behind this is like to avoid phone proceeding any function from unintended pressing of screen. And this happens to me every time, though I just keep the phone in my pocket it just make a call to the recent contact which is been called most recently and after that I got all my balanced finished don’t whether I am idiot or the next person who got the call.

It is somewhat they can almost certainly simply add throughout a software update. I would truthfully suppose they would not perform it since they have already mentioned as "we place a touch screen on a BB bold so if you desire it, buy it and if you don’t obviously have some different phone" I mean it sounds unintelligent, but did they still believe about adding up this functionality to the BB torch? Apparently no, as it is the advertising point rather I would say as the above mentioned it is the most vital and the experimenting point on which the whole selling depends.

You can have solution for your problem as well dude, I am not sure whether you are not clearly aware about the functionality of the phone you have because there should be some functions though which you can lock the mobile when it is not in use, so simply this will not make any sense to the screen and obviously screen would not function accordingly. So simply just lock the screen when not in use and don’t use the touch screen as you have option to make use of keypad and the trackpad.

Seriously I would say you should not buy a touch screen phone if you are so hell-bent on wholly immobilizing the touch screen because that quite impossible, and not this one rather this is demand from yourself that you’ll never going to get with any phone presented in the market. But I have the same opinion as the above user as you should avoid the accidental touch and make function the phone as you wish.

Is there a setting to automatically dis-able touch screen once a call has been answered ? If the screen touches any part of your ear or your thumb or finger brushes across middle part of handset, you either go mute or on speaker !!

Its not a stupid idea. I would disable mine if I could. i use it for work and it now really pixxxxes me off

The case is tight. When I pull the phone from the case the camera comes on. I accidentally touch something on the screen and I'm doing something I didn't mean to do.

Its more a gadget than a great phone now. Next I'll try Samsung. As much as I like the BB service, I hate the screen

I think its a perfectly vaild questions. I love the Blackberry 9900 for its larger keypad and available apps and bigger screen to watch video etc on. I have had a blackberry for 5 years and have adapted to only ever using the keypad. which i only ever do on the 9900. The touch screen chews up the battery like a demon - and the option to disable it to save battery power would make it an AMAZING phone. I think its immature to attack the validity of someone question.