Thread: Need High Definition Audio Bus driver for dell 1450

Need High Definition Audio Bus driver for dell 1450

Hello everyone, I have got Dell 1450 Studio laptop and has installed Windows XP. I wanted to get information about High Definition Audio. I want to upgrade my drivers from the old one, I think some AC97 drivers to these new high definition drivers. Does anyone knows from where could I download this drivers? I would be really grateful if someone helps e find the latest drivers for the audio bus and my audio devices can work again properly. Hope you help me soon enough.

Re: Need High Definition Audio Bus driver for dell 1450

HD Audio, is an audio standard created by Intel to be used on their chipsets, i.e. it is a standard for high-quality on-board audio. It replaced the AC’97 sound drivers which were basic drivers that significantly improved the quality of sound by separating analog from digital sound. But, now consumers have been used to hearing surround sound with 5-8 speakers. The older drivers were unable to cope with this 8 speaker devices., so Intel finally switched to HD with this device. It provides for eight channels at 192 kHz/32-bit quality.

These drivers allow multi-streaming: where multiple sounds can be played there is no single critical track. It also gives enhanced sound capture. It has been developed with the help of Dolby surround sound. Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) is the class driver you will need to download for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2000. It provides for glitch-free audio, less need to update drivers and better performance. Go to the support site of Microsoft for downloading for the driver.

I think the best audio driver available is Realtek High Definition Audio Codec and it works for Windows XP as you have mentioned. You can find all the download links on any download sire. It has got rave reviews from whoever has used it. However I did get error while I was trying to install IDT audio HD driver and got code 10 error message. I don’t know what this is, but now I have realtek HD audio installed with no problem so I don’t care about the other IDT codec.

You got code 10 driver because you installed the wrong driver. All you have to do is Dimension E310 drivers and the problem is solved. And once you do install it it gives Sigmatel High Definition CODEC and not IDT. And yes Realtek is the best out there, and you are recommended with that driver only. Hope this one helps you, best of luck!

ThumbsUp Re: Need High Definition Audio Bus driver for dell 1450

Quote Originally Posted by Czeslaw View Post
    Hello everyone, I have got Dell 1450 Studio laptop and has installed Windows XP. I wanted to get information about High Definition Audio. I want to upgrade my drivers from the old one, I think some AC97 drivers to these new high definition drivers. Does anyone knows from where could I download this drivers? I would be really grateful if someone helps e find the latest drivers for the audio bus and my audio devices can work again properly. Hope you help me soon enough.