Thread: how to speed up my nokia N900 smartphone

how to speed up my nokia N900 smartphone

Well few months back I had purchased a brand new nokia N900 smart phone. I have been using the nokia phones since many years now. Actually I was wondering if I could speed up the performance of my nokia N900. I want to speed up scrolling and multitasking. I have heard that overlocking increases the speed. But I am bit scared. I want to know that is there any other way to speed up the performance of my phone. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Re: how to speed up my nokia N900 smartphone

Well firstly do you think that there is any difference in speed between your this phone and the other phones that you have used before. The speed is default and I think you cannot do anything with the speed. if you think that this phone is a bit slow in accessing files then I think it’s because you have installed many applications in the phone. I would recommend you to delete few unnecessary files from your phone. It could be that there is little space in the phone. Reset your phone once and then check the speed. It will surely make some change.

You cannot improve the speed of the phone in my view. If you want to speed upo your then I think you should search on the internet regarding that. Generally slow speed could be because of the memory card. It happens if the card is affected by the virus. If your card is working well then try to save all the files back from the memory card to the pc. Then full format the card, and uninstall all the application. May be there is any application that is making scrolling slow and multitasking slow. Then insert the card into your mobile.

I would ask you to install the community ssu. This will give the most up to date community firmware for your device. You can search regarding this on the internet. Actually this is a community firmware that is updated last version that nokia is going to release (pr1.3). I think you can also do this from your phone. I hope this helps as this will surely boost little speed.

Well I don’t understand why you are afraid of overlocking. I am not sure about the community firmware but I know overlocking method well. I would suggest you to go for overlocking. I understand that this will void the warranty but if you want to speed up the phone then this is the only possible solution in my view. I also had overlocked my phone. So I would say that try to just overclock it to about 800-900 mhz. I used mine at 1000 MHz for web operating system games. Do not go for anything higher than 1000 MHz because it might crash your phone.

I think that there would be some kind of problem if we try to overclock the N900. In general computer system when we try to overclock the processor to improve the performance, the processor fetches more power than it does before the system was not overclocked. The increase in performance will also require more power which is provided all the time because the computer doesn't work without electricity. As far as mobile phone is concerned I think that the phone will not be able to withstand that much amount of power which is needed to overclock it in order to improve the speedup. So I think it’s not good idea to overlock the phone.

Well I don’t have much knowledge about the internal processing but I think that we will be able to overclock the N900 mobile phone because it is designed to operate in fairly high ambient temperatures. This device will work both in hot and cold climates, so I think that if makers can adjust some variables regarding the temperature content of the mobile then I think that we will be able to overclock the device easily.