Thread: operation failed error while using camera in nokia N900

operation failed error while using camera in nokia N900

I have purchased a nokia N900 phone very recently. I like the nokia phones very much. I have bought this phone because it was according to my requirements and it had the features I wanted. My nokia phone was working very fine since last week but I don’t know what is wrong with the camera. I like to click photos using the camera. Till last week my camera in the phone was working absolutely fine but all of a sudden something happened that I don’t know. Now whenever I try to click the photo, nothing happens. The camera application isn’t working properly. What do I do now? Kindly suggest.

Re: operation failed error while using camera in nokia N900

Well tell me that is other applications also not working or it’s only the camera application that is not working. I think you should restart the phone and then try clicking photos. I also had this problem long time back with my phone, but when I restarted it, camera started too work. If it doesn’t then I think you should call nokia customer service guys to have a look in this matter. You can also try to remove the memory card from the phone and then check.

I think there could be some problem related to virus. I would suggest you to reset your phone once and then try. Enter the code: *#7370# and then press Yes (may be green button). I would say that when you are about to hard reset before that make sure that you have saved all your information like contacts. After this restart the phone and try the camera application.

I think you should update your phone. Do you have the latest update for your phone installed in your phone? If you haven’t installed the latest version then I think you should do that. You can download the latest update from the internet. After downloading install it in your phone. I hope this will resolve the camera problem. Make sure that there isn’t any hardware problem. Did you mishandle your phone?

Well I have gone through your problem and there seems to be a software problem on your phone. The software should have is tainted due to some cause and that is why is not perceive the camera and allows you to do so or to take pictures. So to update the software to do here is look outside the computer room that was provided to buy the phone. Then insert the same CD-ROM drive on your system, and now connect the mobile phone to the system after that select the reinstatement of the OVI suite. Once you updated the software and after that you can solve the issue

Go through the below steps and after that let me know the issue and to do this open the menu option on the screen and after that click on the settings. Now on the settings make click on the camera and under that change all setting to default and after that click on the ok button. Now make sure your getting the issue or not. If above all solution doest help you to get ride the issue then you must me call with the service center and after that they will help you to solve the issue.

I think you check that there aren’t any bad sectors in the memory card. Many a times these create problems while accessing some applications in the phone. I would suggest you to run a checkdisk from your computer. You can follow these steps:
    1. Firstly connect your N900 via USB in MASS STORAGE MODE
    2. Then open My Computer (in Windows)
    3. After opening right click on either the N900 drive icon or the MICROSD card icon (whichever save directory is causing camera error)
    4. Click Properties
    5. Click the Tools tab on the top
    6. Click Check now under Error-Checking
    7. Make sure 'Automatically fix file system errors' is checked ('Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors' checkbox recommended, but not necessary)
    8. Click Start
    I hope this resolves you camera issue. All the best