Thread: HP Pavilion DV 2000 laptop shows nothing when turned on.

HP Pavilion DV 2000 laptop shows nothing when turned on.

Hello, I recently purchased HP Pavilion DV 2000 laptop. This laptop is really bad and has given me too much problems. I have seen that it has given problems to anyone who has been using it. It has Nvidia graphic card and this card is giving problems. My laptop frequently starts up and only shows blank screen when I start the laptop and the power button is shown red and blinking which means the laptop has started but still it only shows a blank screen for several minutes, I don’t know what the problem is and would love if someone would give me a solution.

Re: HP Pavilion DV 2000 laptop shows nothing when turned on.

There are so many problems with these laptop and the customer service of HP is of simply no help. Try the following things though some of them might help. Is the fan spinning when you switch on the laptop and no display this can be a problem with the memory. Try removing the memory and resetting it, and if you have two memories try using any one of them. Use the memory on an external monitor if it works then the problem is not with memory but with the inventor or LCD Cable. Just change them and you will be good to go.

You just have the display problem with this laptop? or many more? Because I’ve had many problems myself with this laptop. It overheats too much and after a time your lap burns due to the heat. I tried changing batteries which actually would be dead too early. My charger got ripped off and my hard drive corrupted due to which I lost some important data. And finally after suffering through all these problem the VGA just died on me leaving me with just the black screen. Even the BIOS doesn’t show, now.

Many have got this error and it’s not fault of graphic card but the faulty motherboard. HP has issued a statement for the same and decided a motherboard replacement free of charge but only for those that are affected by the motherboard. So, if you take your laptop to HP, they will check the laptop for faults and replace it free-of-charge. So hope you are the lucky one that gets the motherboard replaced as soon as possible.