Thread: is it possible to access external mass storage device with blackberry playbook

is it possible to access external mass storage device with blackberry playbook

I have a blackberry playbook with me. I like to watch videos and stuffs on it. My playbook has a capacity of 16 gb. I want to know that is it possible that the playbook can access the external mass storage devices like external hard drives? I have a lot of data kept in the external drive. I want to view them now so I want to know can I use external drive with the playbook. My playbook is almost full now. I have 500GB buffalo mini station which is an usb cable drive. I think if it is not possible then I would rather opt for the 64 gb unit.

Re: is it possible to access external mass storage device with blackberry playbook

Well as far as I know you cannot access playbook with any external hard drives. There are no methods available to do so. I would recommend you to delete few of the files from the playbook and make room for other files. If you want to add more free space in the playbook then you should go for the 64 gb unit only. You can visit any blackberry playbook website to learn more about it.

Re: is it possible to access external mass storage device with blackberry playbook

Well I think for this you should search on the internet. Start googling and you will find many searches related to this. To know more you can contact the playbook guys and ask them about queries. Well in a demo event in Canada, this question was asked about the usb OTG but it was finalized that it is not supported. It was said that there will not be usb peripheral support. I think you should wait for some time before any new updates come from the playbook.

Even I have a playbook and I love it. The capacity of my playbook is also 16 gb. I have all important stuffs in my playbook and rest files which are not much necessary to me, I have kept them separately. I also wanted this feature but I came to know that such thing is not possible. I would suggest you to delete files from your playbook so that your empty space increases resulting in more free space. There are many files which we don’t use so deleting them is good option. The only other thing you can do is buy one more playbook.

Tell me that do you have computer at home. If you have then I would say that better connect our pc with the playbook via usb. You can have all your files this way. I think purchasing a higher end playbook would prove good to you. Go to the shop from where you had purchased this playbook. Ask them to show you an upper version with more space. The prices of both might vary a due to capacity. If you want then you can also sell off your playbook on any buying selling websites like amazon or ebay.