Thread: streaming videos or music from Mac/pc to playbook

streaming videos or music from Mac/pc to playbook

I have recently purchased blackberry playbook for my personal use. I also have an Apple Mac pc at my home. I like to watch videos and play music on my Mac computer. I was thinking that as I also have a playbook why I should not watch videos on my playbook that I have in my pc. I want to know how I can stream videos from pc to playbook. I connect my playbook with the mac via usb cable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Re: streaming videos or music from Mac/pc to playbook

I think you should download orb software to your Mac pc. Download orb from the internet and install it to your pc. This software actually allows you to stream videos and music from your computer. Let me tell you can download the orb software for free of cost from the internet. It is free for Mac and windows operating system. You can search orb in the Google and you will get many searches. I hope this way you can stream videos.

Download orb software and get the orb launcher application. This launcher will allow you to run from the home screen and it contains shortcuts at the top of the window. For more information in think you should the help of the internet. It is the best source to get information from. Start googling on the internet. Make sure that you connect your pc with the playbook using usb cable.

I have a Mac pc and playbook at my home. I had downloaded orb to my Mac. On my playbook I went to mycast.orb.com and it asked me for a user name and a password. But when I downloaded orb to my Mac it never asked me to register. What am I missing? Do I need to download additional software? I don’t know much about orb software. The most important thing that I would like to share is that nothing actually happens whenever I click on the orb icon.

I think it could be like you have not installed orb properly. Make sure you have installed the software properly. Well you need to register and provide a user name and a password. Do you see ORB icon on your pc. I would suggest you to go to the orb control panel in your pc and allow the remote user. You can do that by checking the yellow box available. Well once you have done that then you will be prompted to create a new user account if you don’t have an account.

Well I think you should first go to the myorb.orb.com, you have to login then you will see the section of settings in the bottom middle of the screen. If you follow the video verbatim, you would have to set your stream to 'flash'. Now you will see that you are able to play everything. I hope my suggestion would be helpful to you. For more queries related to this I would ask you to reply back so that I could give you more suggestions.

Yes you can stream videos and music that you have in your mac network to the playbook. The playbook will play an AVI or MP4 on your PC, if you setup sharing this folder using http. But remember that only those videos will be played which is supported by the playbook. Playbook supports very limited formats. I would recommend you to install a media server. For this you don’t need any coding. You will only need some software.