Thread: Unable to open PDF files in blackberry playbook

Unable to open PDF files in blackberry playbook

I have recently bought Blackberry playbook device and this is a very nice and attractive tablet with lots of cool features. I normally use my blackberry playbook for entertainment purpose and also handle my office work while travelling. I have recently transferred PDF file in my play book and after that when I try to open that file at that time I am getting this error "The file path is not valid". Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Unable to open PDF files in blackberry playbook

First of all I would like to ask you that transfer some more PDF files in your blackberry playbook device and after doing that try to open those files and check whether you are getting error with any particular PDF file or you are getting the error with all PDF file in your Blackberry playbook. If you are facing the issue with all the PDf files in your device then I think there might be something wrong with your blackberry playbook.

According to you have to first check that the PDF file which you are trying to open has no special characters in name. If that file contains any special characters in its name then rename that file first and after that try to open the file. I think after renaming the file you will be able to open that file in your Blackberry playbook device. If you still get the same problem with PDF files then let me know.

After reading your query I have tried to open PDF files in my blackberry playbook device and at that time I didn’t get any issue or any error with that. I would suggest you try to open the file by changing it location. I am suggesting you this solution because some time due to folder location issue also this type of problem arises. First try this trick and after that see what happens. I hope this solution will help you to solve this.

If none of the above solution will help you to solve this issue then you can try to solve this issue by resetting your Blackberry playbook device. Because by resetting the device this kind of problem can get solved. In my device I was facing similar problem with some doc files and after that I reset my blackberry playbook device and after doing that my problem get solved . you can also try this solution.

If you want to reset your blackberry playbook device then you have to first take the backup of all the data and after that you have to press and hold volume up and volume down and power key together for 15 to 20 seconds and after that check it will reset your device and after that check whether you are able to open the PDF files in your blackberry playbook device or not? I think after resetting the Blackberry playbook you will be able to open your PDF files in your device.

As you have mentioned all the stapes for resetting the blackberry playbook in your above post, I have followed that steps and after following those steps I have done factory reset in my blackberry playbook device and after doing the reset when I tried to use PDF file in blackberry playbook at that time it worked flawlessly. Now I am not facing any issue while using PDF file in my blackberry playbook. Thank you for helping me.