Thread: How do I delete Picasa albums from my cell phone?

How do I delete Picasa albums from my cell phone?

Hello, I have a complex problem here. I have LG Ally cell phone, and I use it to capture most of my photos. Now, when I had to upload it to my laptop I connect it using USB and Picasa 3 software. I think Picasa 3 is the best software if u want to upload them on your laptop. Now, my phone has gallery with all the different albums and also has a album with all the pics I uploaded on Picasa on my laptop. I’ve deleted this pics from my Picasa account but it still shows up on my cell. I cannot delete it from my phone either there’s no option for deleting it.

Re: How do I delete Picasa albums from my cell phone?

Open Picasa 3 on your laptop once you have synced your mobile with the laptop using USB. Now you must have imported the Picasa Web Albums and saved it to your laptop. But it automatically also uploads it on the phone as well. That’s why you have got the folder which you can’t delete. Just delete the web albums you do not want synced with your phone. All the pics just go to the recycle bin, so you don’t have to worry about backing up the images. This sync really helps to select the web images you want.

Picasa allows you to sync your mobile photos with picasa web. It allows your pics which are on the web to appear in your phone. So when you sync your photos to your laptop using USB, it automatically creates a folder of Picasa with all the images of you from laptop uploaded onto it. So when you delete it from the web it cannot delete it from your phone. So you have to sync it with the laptop again and stop the mobile application to add a folder in your phone. Try deleting it now with your phone and you can delete it.

When you sync your albums, you can choose which albums you want to choose and which albums you don’t want to by turning the sync on/off for them. This is really helpful, as it allows me to select some photos in my phone for some day and other pics for another day. Don't forget to occasionally open Picasa3 to ensure that your online albums are synced with your computer. Also, if you add pics to your PC and also want it on the phone, just open the phone’s gallery and let the phone upload it on its own. This takes a few minutes depending on the size of the albums.