Thread: There is continuous static noise coming from Acer W500 tablet

There is continuous static noise coming from Acer W500 tablet

Recently I have purchased a Acer W500 tablet. Yesterday I have noticed that there is some continuous noise coming from the speakers. My speaker is muted and everything is off but still there is some noise coming. I don’t know what that sound is. I rebooted my computer and I thought the noise would go but the noise still exists. I switched it completely off but still there is some continuous noise. The sound sometimes lowers but it again becomes loud. Does anybody have any idea regarding this? Actually this tablet is a bit new for me so I don’t have much idea about it.

Re: There is continuous static noise coming from Acer W500 tablet

Well I have never heard about such a problem. This is something unique that I am seeing. You are saying that the sound didn’t even go after restarting the tablet. Did the noise start all of a sudden I mean did it start coming after installing any application, while playing some music file etc. I would suggest you to remove all the connections, battery, any microphone, external hard disk and all from the think pad and then restart the system.

I have faced this issue long time back. I also had a tablet. I was using it and speaker was all working fine. But one day all of a sudden the noise started coming. I had no idea what was that. Then there was a mobile phone kept near that and when I took the mobile phone away from the tablet, the noise went off. It could be that there would be some RF signal interference which is creating that kind of problems to you.

I did not install any applications, no sound drivers, nothing. I was just doing my normal office work. It came just all of a sudden. Few days back I had this issue but it went in a few seconds. I don’t understand what it is. This time it is not at all going. I have rebooted my system many a times. I have discharged the battery too but there is no improvement. The noise is continuously coming. I have no mobile phone or no other such devices near the tablet.

Well I would suggest you to install the sound drivers for the tablet. Firstly uninstall the sound drivers that you already have. Go to the start>>settings>>control panel>>add/remove hardware. There select the sound driver and uninstall it. After uninstalling it the system would restart. After restarting install the latest sound driver available for the tablet. If you don’t have one then I would ask you to get it downloaded from the internet.

I think you should try disabling the dolby thing present on the desktop. You will find the icon on right down of the screen. Click it and disable it. You have choice for games, music, videos so just turn it off and change the mode. I also had this problem once when I was also using my think pad. I also hadn’t ever heard such a thing. I just turned it off and the noise that I was getting disappeared. So just try this and I hope it gets off.

I was having the same noise problem. I had downloaded the latest up to date sound driver for my tablet. I downloaded realtek sound driver instead of what audio driver I was having. So I would ask you to get this one. If noise still exists then I think you must call the Lenovo guys to have a look. There could be some hardware failure. I think if your tablet is in warranty period then it is very good as you would not have to pay for the damages.