Thread: The unworthfull battery of Acer w500

The unworthfull battery of Acer w500

I have read the full descriptions of Acer Iconia W500. The processor, a 10 inch size screen. A resolution of about 1280 x 800 pixels. And many exciting features. But every coin has two side as it has the battery of the w500 is holding me back and with a non-replaceable battery . The battery of the Acer Iconia W500 is so unworthy full that since I need to carry the charger to recharge it. I even got a 1 year warranty which is of no use. I am also looking for the Acer website since how long it will take for replace the battery and how much it cost.

Re: The unworthfull battery of Acer w500

The fashion of replacing battery has been gone out especially in tablets. The generations although deals with the processor but not with the battery. Even thought the Android and Apples tablets doesn`t provide you with the user replaceable battery. Although the 3 rd party vendor are looking to make contributions to it and soon make battery replacement service that will be cheaper comparing the branded once and faster turnaround then going to the manufacturer. Contact the 3rd vendor to solve the problems. Or another to be wait and watch.

I look it in another way. As soon the windows 8 will launches the whole load of looks will fall on the windows 8. This will be the better way to reduce the stress of battery from the w500. Although it doesn`t deals with the battery but the support from the windows 8 definitely removes the battery problems. Wait for the time period and watch for the windows to launch windows 8.

There are many features which the vendor don`t like to talk about them .among many the one which has the weak features. The battery is the one to represent it. Precautions should be taken while purchasing it like know about the battery life and the stand alone life of the tablets. But It didn`t seem replacing the windows operating system would removes the problems. The battery problem will be in the windows 8 also. And even no one going to replace the processor just for 10% increase in the CPU speed. The another way where would we replace the CPU in terms of the weight which I don’t think happening.

I have listen that the tablets with the resolutions of less than 1366x768 does not support s the ‘snap’ side –by side applications features Could be the reason for using more battery life. Yes, I agree working with windows 8 would make more efficient and more useful since it has lower requirement than to windows 7 which requires less usage. Another point which adds benefits is that windows 8 are designed especially for the tablets. Because the generations demands higher with it use. So looking the point of the tablets, windows 8 would be the more worth full in terms of battery.

The points really support the windows 8 features. The backbone ‘battery’ is key role in windows 8 . I like to put windows 8 in my w-500 if I can. I am pretty much sure I will get replaced battery at much lower cost. However, In w500, the battery losses the 20% of charges after 300 full charge-discharge cycles, then isn’t the battery last uses, questions sires ?