Thread: Getting screen background "Test Mode" error message on HP IQ506

Getting screen background "Test Mode" error message on HP IQ506

Well I am using the HP IQ505a, and having the problem with the screen background. Well in the corners of the screen background there is a text mode appears as I seen when you entered in ‘safe mode’. Well when I reboot to the normal mode then also it shows to me. I have checked all the setting of the screen and was well of the background also and I am not able to find the solution. So guys if you have any solution please tell it was be grateful to me. Thank you.

Re: Getting screen background "Test Mode" error message on HP IQ506

Well I have never heard about that such problem. I would suggest you that better do the system recovery from the hard drive. When you are starting the computer just press the F11 key which is on the keyboard for you to get the way for recovery from the hard drive. That I can suggest you whom I have hope that might work for you.

Well I want ask you first that have you installed the service pack 2 for vista or not? If not so please install it as the installing test versions of Microsoft updates fix the cause which seems to appear. I was also having the similar problem and also I can’t get rid of it, it was due to I have install the unsigned driver. Did you have installed any hardware on to your computer or not. Just check it first. Well I think you have installed an unsigned hardware, if you have then uninstall it and see the change in your screen background.

Yes even I agree with the above user reply, even I was having the same problem as I have installed a printer which was unsigned hardware. And the time when I have uninstall it then my computer screen was back to normal. I have install the printer for my work, now have to buy a signed hardware printer which will not give problem and I can carry on my work with no issue. I also suggest the above user suggestion. Please make sure you have not installed such hardware. Thank you

Well I think it might be the unsigned hardware problem only. That is the main problem which occurs in the windows Vista. I was also having the same problem, as I have installed the DVD drive unsigned hardware and it was showing the error “text mode”. You also check the hardware whether it is signed or not. If not then don’t install it and install the signed hardware. Take this suggestion, and I am sure your problem will be solved also.