Thread: How to Install iOS 1.1 and 2.0 on original iPod touch

How to Install iOS 1.1 and 2.0 on original iPod touch

For now I am planning to buy 2 original iPod touches in order to install iOS 1.1 as well as iOS 2.0 on. I want to have these operating the older iOS to merely have as orientation. I know that I need some OS downloads. However before that I wanna clarify one thing. Is there whatever thing I call for to carry out with the intention of to install the OS? Will Apple attempt to refuse me from installing? I identify with iPhones going back to older edition can be complicated. Any implications on installing older iOSs on top of the original iPod touch?

Re: How to Install iOS 1.1 and 2.0 on original iPod touch

The successor of 1.0 was also the first OS version of the little brother of the iPhone because the iPod Touch but there was a difference between 1.1 and 1.1 of the iPhone for the iPod Touch. The iPod Touch version was much stripped if it had not been provided with apps like maps, stocks, weather and notes, these were only at the release of 1.1.3 for the iPod Touch is available. Less than a month later, OS 2.0.1 which had some bugs to solve, but it was not completely satisfied because within two weeks of August 18 was 2.0.2 which include the 3G connection was improved.

You can't bring up to date to 2.0 any longer since it's no longer supported. 3.1 is the most up-to-date version intended for the first-generation iPod touch, and you will at rest require purchasing it in favor of about $5. You must furthermore ensure you're running the most up-to-date edition of iTunes. iTunes 9.0 otherwise later is necessary to hold up iOS 3.1.

For this OS I think that you can choose between iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G and 2G iPod Touch. Once finished downloading the ZIP archive, Estrate the IPSW file in any folder of your PC and connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer via USB cable. At this point, start the iTunes program and hold down the ALT key (if using Mac OS X) or SHIFT (if your operating system is Windows) to open the firmware upgrade. Then select the IPSW file that you downloaded earlier and confirm by clicking on the "Open" button. This operation is a little 'long, about 15 minutes, but at the end you end up with the iPhone OS installed and working perfectly.

As far as I know that Apple has not at all cared concerning restoring elder firmware’s onto foremost generation iPod Touches. All you must carry out is place the iPod Touch into DFU mode plus restore to the good firmware. If it be unsuccessful, you ought to make use of an elder edition of iTunes. 7.5 must work devoid of a trouble. If you map on jailbreaking them, keep in mind that there is no jailbreak intended for the iPod Touch running 1.1.

The updates are located in "C: \ Documents and Settings \ username \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPod Software Updates" When iTunes tries to restore seemingly always to be ingested, the latest update, so iOS 3.0 - which of course fails again. For me, following restoration work has: Press the button to restore by holding down the Shift key, then a file selection dialog is where you have to select the 2.2.1 update. Thus, the restoration works for me and also the subsequent synchronization, so that my iPod was back in the same condition as before.

Everybody knows the update of ios device is very simple no matter what version of ios you want to upgrade. Despite being a very simple process takes a long time to complete (about a half hour). So do not be alarmed if you see that the phone hangs at some point it's completely normal and after a couple of minutes back to normal by continuing the process of restoration. If you know very well how it works, you are not sure or you just afraid to do something wrong I would recommend waiting, as the final version is just around the corner and soon we'll all enjoy it.