Thread: Custom Text message alerts for iphone without jailbreak

Custom Text message alerts for iphone without jailbreak

I have been using the iphone 3GS from the past several months and I am very much familiar with its features and functions. I do know how to customize things in this. I have heard that for any customization in iphone or ios capable to device you need to do a jailbreak. Without jailbreaking many people are saying that it is not possible to do things in this phone. However in my case I would like to put custom text message alerts in this phone and that is even without jailbreaking the device. Is this possible?

Re: Custom Text message alerts for iphone without jailbreak

There is a free site to customize ringtones on iphone, it's called Audiko. As against this the only creates 30 second clips, but I think it's more than enough to call.
    • You just have to find the music you want,
    • Then you save it to a folder you have created before,
    • You throw listening after registration,
    • And there it will automatically ring on your file in itunes
    • Finally, launch your sync.
    • It's 100% free, to be used many times.

Just go through manually override one of the sms-received [1-5]. Caf files in System / Library / Audio / uiSounds on the iPhone. The. Caf files can be renamed *. m4r files (convert comes with iTunes). Short schedule: create WAV or MP3, rename, and convert, copy over. And then select the appropriate on the Fon 'old', copied via SMS tone. m4r ringtones are still on the MP4-AAC format. Caf are as far as I know AIFF sounds. While it was claimed that the format of the system sounds would not play a role in thought, I've never.

iOS 5 beta 3 lastly brings iPhone users the aptitude to modify the alert sounds intended for SMS, you will not of necessity make use of the Triton any longer (although it is rather customary, I would overlook. Improvement might appear unimportant, except Apple will slowly allow us to personalize our devices devoid of the use of jailbreak, plus that's a huge development. Therefore what my purpose is if you actually would like to make use of the custom tones for your calls or for text message alerts I urge you to upgrade your device to iOS 5 as soon as possible. Don’t waste much time on finding any alternative way for this.

You can install tradition sms tones into iphone, except you require to SSH into your mobile phone and modify them there! You won’t be capable to modify the name of unique ones i.e. tri-tone;chime and so on. Therefore what you want to carry out is select anything sms tone you akin to, convert it toward .aif otherwise .aiff afterward rename the extension as .caf! However you can merely place 6 tones within the iphone for the reason that you simply have 6 tones to select from within "settings".

There is a useful tool to create ringtones for an iRING for PC users, for Mac'ler is the equivalent to directly invite the MacApp Store. The tool initially allows not only create their own ringtones and SMS tones that. Message tones are the sticking points here ... this you can actually create only one jailed for iPhone. Without going as nothing in the direction iRING also does not help there.

In fact, by default you cannot customize the SMS tone out of 6 basic sounds. We must therefore replace the default sounds in your custom ringtone. The procedure is simple enough, but you need a jailbroken iPhone.
    • You must encode your ringtone in uncompressed format (WAV or AIFF, the same thing)
    • Then rename the file to "sms-received1.caf"
    • Then replace the file in the iPhone by the maintenance in / System / Library / Audio / UISounds